• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fennelly- Defeat Cincy and the City Could Belong to the Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, this game is HUGE!!!

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/oct/12/defeat-cincinnati-and-city-could-belong-bulls/news-breaking/

Here is the first few lines......

TAMPA - Well, here's the chance.

If there was ever an opportunity for South Florida football to own this town, here's the chance.

The Bucs are deader than dead.

The Rays just flopped.

The Lightning, until they say different, are just hockey

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  880

Fennelly still taking back-handed shots at the program.  This is the crap that made me decide to drop the Trib and sign up for the Times.  I don't need to hear happy, positive articles all of the time, but I'm sick of the condescending blather from this guy.

yea he seems bitter about USF's success but the point is valid.  if USF can win on Thursday and with the Bucs fans jumping off the ship (no pun) then USF has a great chance to pick up the football fans who are sick of the Bucs crap (having all this money under the cap and sitting on it)

• Content Count:  880

Point of the story is valid.  If he could only express that without taking shots at the program.

• Content Count:  571

talk about a lack of substance. article doesn't do anything for me

Point of the story is valid.  If he could only express that without taking shots at the program.

yea i agree.  but i think everyone knows that Fennelly is a sour puss about everything/everyone until they actually win a title and then he jumps on the bandwagon.

either way, its nice that the idea is being presented to Bucs fans. 

• Content Count:  2,511

I read it more as him mocking the Tampa area for not supporting the team.

Until this year, people have come out in droves to support pathetic Bucs football, yet they ignore the Bulls.

USF is marketing the game, but the game is not sold out.  What else can USF do to convince people to go to the game?

USF has risen up the rankings only to flop in BIG EAST play.

What did Fennelly not write that is not true?

The only thing I do not like is his staccato writing style.  He is trying to sound hip and cool, but he just sounds like a poor writer.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I grew up in Tampa, and have been reading Fennelly's colums for years in the Trib because my parents were always subscribed to it. Never liked the guy, thought he was a complete douche. We cant tell these journalist what to write. The way I see it, some press is better than no press. Especially if we want a sell out.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I read it more as him mocking the Tampa area for not supporting the team.

Until this year, people have come out in droves to support pathetic Bucs football, yet they ignore the Bulls.

USF is marketing the game, but the game is not sold out.  What else can USF do to convince people to go to the game?

USF has risen up the rankings only to flop in BIG EAST play.

What did Fennelly not write that is not true?

The only thing I do not like is his staccato writing style.  He is trying to sound hip and cool, but he just sounds like a poor writer.

I didn't like his attitude, but I agree that he was mocking the people of Tampa for not supporting the team when he talks about the game not being sold out.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't really get why people are so down on Fennelly.

The Bulls have a history of falling off the face of the Earth right about this point in the season.  We play a very tough stretch the next 4 games.  We could easily split, or worse go 0-4...

This is Leavitt's chance to step up and put the program on another plane.  The rest of Tampa sports are having pretty bad years.  We could make some pretty decent headway in the Tampa Sports Scene, but I have a nagging feeling we're in for another 0-3 skid.  I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling.

Archived