• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HilltopperHaven - Reported Attack Site

dudesweat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

I was making my rounds through our previous opponents message boards and came across a startling message from Firefox/Google. HilltopperHaven which is linked up above for the Western Kentucky football team contains malicious software. Here are the shots I took with the list of things Google has found - (4) exploits and (1) trojan. It's probably some shady company that does their advertising but either way those with IE or another browser may not be given the warning.

reportedattacksite.jpg

hilltopperhaven.jpg

If the second one is hard to read here is the more important part:

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 13 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-10-05, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-10-05.

Malicious software includes 4 exploit(s), 1 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including trughtsa.com/, chberger.com/, npanelsrv.info/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS11798 (BLUEHOST).

Just a heads up.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Thank you.  You're correct it could just be a bad advertiser.  I am forwarding this to the guys there.  Our members should be aware.

Brad

• Content Count:  849

This is why I use a Mac.....although theoretically Malware is potential problem, its highly unlikely

• Content Count:  2,511

This is why I use a Mac.....although theoretically Malware is potential problem, its highly unlikely

Wrong on that one buddy; it can happen to any computer.  A good percentage of malware uses social engineering to fool the user, so any operating system is vulnerable.

• Content Count:  1,757

Wrong on that one buddy; it can happen to any computer.  A good percentage of malware uses social engineering to fool the user, so any operating system is vulnerable.

hmm,  are iPhones vulnerable?

Yes, which is why I said, it can theoretically happen but is highly unlikely and if you you're saying that it is highly likely please show me evidence of vulnerabilities of the Snow Leopard OS....and the high frequency in which it occurs

• Content Count:  166

woohoo nerd fight! nerd fight!

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

woohoo nerd fight! nerd fight!

:D

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Yes, which is why I said, it can theoretically happen but is highly unlikely and if you you're saying that it is highly likely please show me evidence of vulnerabilities of the Snow Leopard OS....and the high frequency in which it occurs

people who think that MAC operating systems are not vulnerable are simply ignorant.

The reason that Windows has many more threats is because 10000000x more people use it. Due to that fact there are 10000000x more people who CREATE viruses and malicious software for the OS they use.

If MAC OS had the same number of users it would be just as vulnerable as any other OS. MAC OSs have their own vulnerability issues from people who create malicious software specifically for MAC operating systems.

people who think that MAC operating systems are not vulnerable are simply ignorant.

The reason that Windows has many more threats is because 10000000x more people use it. Due to that fact there are 10000000x more people who CREATE viruses and malicious software for the OS they use.

If MAC OS had the same number of users it would be just as vulnerable as any other OS. MAC OSs have their own vulnerability issues from people who create malicious software specifically for MAC operating systems.

And what in my statement contradicts what you said? Apparently these tech guys have no reading comprehension skills.....

Archived