• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF V FSU Attendance Implications

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

We keep seeing these big numbers for the USF attendance for the FSU game and I wonder out loud what kind of implications that could have for out school.

12,000+

You figure, 12000 x $52.00 per ticket = $624,000.00.

That does not include parking or concessions. FSU should make out well from this game regardless of the outcome of the game.

Plus there has been all this talk about FSU attendance being down the last few years. Think about this.

Doak Campbell Capacity is 82,300

Announced Miami attendance was 81,077

Announced JSU attendance was 71,420

Mind you, those numbers are paid attendance but if JSU is the low end of the spectrum then that is only 10,880 short of sold out. Then, if we are bringing 12,000 +, should we not do better than a sell out?

Makes me think we could see another one and one in our future with FSU. It also bodes well for how we are viewed as a travelling fan base.

I found this quote on FSUNews.com, this was after the Miami game.

Q: Can we expect the same kind of attendance this week against JSU?

CM: Most likely not, unfortunately, as FSU plays host to FCS (Football Champion Subdivision) team Jacksonville State. Other than the University of Florida, Miami is arguably the only team that will most likely be able to draw a full house at Doak Campbell. If the Seminoles get on a winning streak or possibly when USF travels to Tallahassee Sept. 26, we might see another full house — but it would be a nice surprise to see a packed house all season long.

I don’t think the media even has paid attention to how many are coming for our game, plus, with the white out, our attendance will be even more obvious.

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking about this very issue this morning...

With all the threads over the years chatting about how our team "travels"--there's been little on the subject lately.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IT MAKES sense too me that these 2 teams should play

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'll be happily drunk at 10 AM in Denver wearing my green USF @ FSU shirt sheering on the Bulls.  I'm pretty excited to see the Green stand out among the white.

Assuming we sell the new 1,000 tickets, we now have 13,000 tickets for the game.

13,000/81,500 * 100 = 15.8% of the total stadium will be wearing Green.

That's really going to be awesome.  This should be a large help for future Bowl bids.  Let's keep it up.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This has to have the eyes of the Gator Bowl and Orange Bowl. And most are not just driving up and leaving.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I'll be happily drunk at 10 AM in Denver wearing my green USF @ FSU shirt sheering on the Bulls.  I'm pretty excited to see the Green stand out among the white.

Assuming we sell the new 1,000 tickets, we now have 13,000 tickets for the game.

That's really going to be awesome.  This should be a large help for future Bowl bids.  Let's keep it up.

I was thinking the same thing. Can you call it a White Out if 1/6 of the stadium is in Green? I'm hoping the visiting crowd can make themselves heard when FSU is on Offense.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This has to have the eyes of the Gator Bowl and Orange Bowl. And most are not just driving up and leaving.

I was thinking that.  The Gator Bowl might feel a little snake-bitten dropping the BEast.

The Orange Bowl doesn't really have a choice.  It's NC Bowl or Orange Bowl for the BEast.

I was thinking the same thing. Can you call it a White Out if 1/6 of the stadium is in Green? I'm hoping the visiting crowd can make themselves heard when FSU is on Offense.

I'm pretty sure the FSU offense will be aware of the USF faithful.  I don't think it will be an advantage for USF, but hell if they stuff all the USFers in one ends zone we might have some advantage on a side of the field.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If you look at the seàting chart visitors are way up high. But whatever, I wouldn't miss this for anything. I think it will be an historic day and hopefully year.

• Content Count:  2,461

Well... we were loud as h*ll in Auburn and we only brought about 5k or so to that game...

I have confidence we'll be louder than h*ll in Tally.

• Content Count:  329

Check out FSU's future schedule.

Not much room for USF in there. They continue their 1-1 with BYU next year and also start a 1-1 with Oklahoma. There's really not an opening till 2015 for USF to go back to Tallahassee unless they decide to NOT schedule an FCS game in 2011,13, or 14.

Plus, they already play UF & UM every year which is their marquee home game.

Archived