• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seen some things I like.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

good - win

bad - front seven, this guy was no pat white and he looked better the pat white ever did

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

we shouldn't have bad tackling against worthless teams.

No, we shouldn't, but it is correctible.

But when has it ever been corrected?  Hopefully tresey will be able to straighten it out.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Went to a wedding so I just finished watching the game on dvr. 

Gotta say, the tackling was abysmal...these guys have got to get off of blocks when the quarterback is jogging by. 

Dang Delbert get your head out of your butt.

Matt looked OK.  Couple of throws that he could have dropped in that would have made his night.  He threw a weak pass that was picked by a good play.  All and all it was a Grothe night 2 for 1 sale on TDs and INTs,  plenty of yards and good smart running.

BJ is going to be good when he gets his chance.  I think that, barring injuries, he will challenge Grothe's records in only three years of starting.

Mo looked like a good 7 yard guy, but I never get the feeling he is running with his eyes open.  He seems to be falling forward the whole time and if no one hits him and he gets to the secondary he gets his feet.  He is a good running back, but I would like to see the same north south running with a little more vision.

O-line gave plenty of time and there were some good runs, but the middle wasn't wide open like it should have been against these guys.

D-line is quick, but any O-line with size (1st string guys in both games so far) seem to be able to open running lanes on us, and the LBs haven't been there to fill the holes yet. 

And how the heck did this team make the corner on us so many times?  Good blocking I guess. 

Final opinion is that I like the future, but it needs to all come together and start happening next week. 

• Content Count:  297

When BJ was in at QB and Grothe was somewhere on the OL (was he playing WR?), that was set up for success.  I think that play happened once or twice.  That was a great set up and should be used more often

• Content Count:  622

i wish we just wrapped people up when we tackled.

I am thinking maybe Tresey focused too much on installing his defense and adding his emphasis on "forcing turnovers" which is what is leading to poor tackling and the lack of wrapping up. Turnovers are great and a must have but fundamentals cannot be overlooked. It just looks like we have a lot of players trying to jar the ball loose with kill shots instead of ensuring the tackling and popping it out.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bulls won't miss a beat with BJ at QB

that remains to be seen

it is easy being number 2 guy no pressure

a lot harder being number 1 with all the pressure on you

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i wish we just wrapped people up when we tackled.

I am thinking maybe Tresey focused too much on installing his defense and adding his emphasis on "forcing turnovers" which is what is leading to poor tackling and the lack of wrapping up. Turnovers are great and a must have but fundamentals cannot be overlooked. It just looks like we have a lot of players trying to jar the ball loose with kill shots instead of ensuring the tackling and popping it out.

we had poor tackling last year

i dont believe tressy teaches turnovers first tackling second

• Content Count:  10,201

good - win

bad - front seven, this guy was no pat white and he looked better the pat white ever did

either A. this guy is better than pat white or B. the team was flat and overlooking this game im going with

B.

• Content Count:  4,451

BJ is going to be good when he gets his chance.  I think that, barring injuries, he will challenge Grothe's records in only three years of starting.

::)  Only if he sets season records three seasons in a row. 

Archived