• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe we need better organization for local radio

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

While exposure on our local radio airwaves has gotten better, is it where it should be?  Are we still mostly in the shadows of Gator talk?

I found it interesting that some people at the Wofford board are taking it upon themselves to systematically inject Wofford facts into the local radio market - OUR MARKET!  No one will care, but I admire their effort.

A couple years ago, we kept a running listing of call-in shows and best times to call-in.  Maybe we need to pick that up again and stick to it.  If Wofford can do it in our market, I guess we'd better put a little more effort into getting our voices heard around Florida.  With more stations added, we have an opportunity for greater exposure.

A Bulls Call-in Brigade is forming...Can U talk?  :)

Wofford Did You Know, from TerrierFans

Here is a funny comment from that thread on the Wofford board:

"I read that USF has 45,000 current students which is two and a half times the living alumni we have here at Wofford."

:)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,044
  • Days Won:  11

I find it funny that some of the 'Facts' are followed by, "I think" :D

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Bobby Fenton used to give USF alot of time on his show, but he's gone now.  Pepper does his morning show on 1010 and props USF but that is about it.  In the afternoons we have Duemig and JP Peterson (FSU homer), so unless the Bulls really surprise these two, we won't get much good pub.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I think Wofford has considerably more dead alumni, but again, they aren't as valuable, at least as radio call-in value goes.

Astute point Greg. 

Should we be expecting a blog report on "Dead Fans and Their Obstacles to Radio"?

• Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

Astute point Greg. 

Should we be expecting a blog report on "Dead Fans and Their Obstacles to Radio"?

lmao!  ;D

I'm sure Greg can dig up something of value.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

I think Wofford has considerably more dead alumni, but again, they aren't as valuable, at least as radio call-in value goes.

With the radio call-in value that I've been exposed to, they would be more valuable ...

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Well, on the 620 AM show we will only get exposure Thanksgiving week when Dan Sillio (intentional) talks about who Miami plays that week.  God that guy can only talk UM.. and gives us nothing.  He needs to be reminded what market he is in.  He has just taken so many shots to the head I don't think it will matter.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think sileo is in 4-5 markets not just Tampa.

Orlando, Jax, and somewhere in the panhandle

Archived