• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Knee Injury to Jamar Taylor

You have to wait for some of the swelling to go down before you can get an accurate MRI reading. Plus the doctor's office where the MRI will be taken is probably closed.

With a temp cast immobilizing the knee, and with crutches, there's no reason not to wait a couple of days.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You have to wait for some of the swelling to go down before you can get an accurate MRI reading.  Plus the doctor's office where the MRI will be taken is probably closed.

With a temp cast immobilizing the knee, and with crutches, there's no reason not to wait a couple of days.

Good info Jim.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I am aware of the swelling issue as I've had some MRIs myself.  That is true.  I guess I'm just anxious to know.  Monday seemed arbitrary.  If the swelling went down, I am sure they could get it done prior to Monday.

• Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Injury not as bad as previously thought...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/08/taylor-sidelined-810-weeks-with-knee-injury.html#comments

Taylor sidelined 8-10 weeks with knee injury

Good news on running back Jamar Taylor, whose knee injury is said to be only a sprain and will sideline him eight to 10 weeks, leaving open the possibility of him returning for most of the Big East schedule.

"We are excited for JT," coach Jim Leavitt said in a statement. "Our team is excited that he won't need surgery and that he should be able to rejoin the team during the Big East portion of the schedule."

Taylor injured his right knee during Saturday's scrimmage and was on crutches at Fan Fest later that day. Initially feared to be a season-ending injury, Tuesday's news leaves open the possibility that USF could have one of its top backs for as many as six Big East games.

A return after eight weeks would allow Taylor to potentially play in USF's second Big East game, a key Oct. 15 showdown at home against Cincinnati. If it took 10 full weeks to return, Taylor would still be in line to return Oct. 24 when the Bulls play at Pittsburgh.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

yay!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Great news for Jamar and the Bulls. 

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Im glad he doesnt need surgery. But it will be tough to miss that much time and just step into playing.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

The official site has form fans can use to wish Jamar well...similar or same form as used for Maikon.

Send him a "get well soon" message and some encouragement.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/CreateTicket.dbml?&ATCLID=204777060&SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700

Archived