• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media Predictions for this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Is it just me or does everyone’s (the outside media) predictions about this Bulls team this year seem to be way below what I see? I know as fans we can all be caught wearing green and gold glasses but with the exception of our kicking game, I think we have a real good team this year. Everyone is predicting us to go 8-4 or 7-5, go to the St. Pete Bowl. I suppose they expect losses against FSU, Miami, WVU, Cincy & Rutgers. I have a really hard time seeing that. Our biggest weakness last year, our O line has to be better this year. Then I keep seeing where younger players are supplanting veterans in practice. That is not how CJL has worked in the past so these kids coming up must be much more talented. I really hope this is one of those seasons where everyone overlooks us and we surprise some people.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think 8-4 is very fair.

Dude the Oline is missing two guys we were banking on 2 months ago. I think we're worse this year than last.

I do think we beat either FSU or Miami though

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

On the down side, I don't see how loosing 4 starters from the o-line (no matter how bad they were last season) helping the overall unit.

On the plus side, this is only the second year we've really seen top-40 recruiting classes.  It sounds like there may be more depth and talent than last year, but that's really immesurable until the season gets going.

There are just too many unknowns for me to be anything more than cautiously optimistic.  Will Grothe cut down on the bad decision making?  Will the new O-coordinator not rely on our QB for everything?  Will the new O-line gel?  Will we see at least one RB remain healthy and emerge as a "go-to" guy?  Will the new D-coordinator be able to pick up the pieces left by Burnham and keep the positive momentum while hopefully generating more "big plays"?  

I think we have every reason to believe our Bulls can do better this year, but will they?  WVa, Cinci, RU have all been hit pretty hard by graduation.  We have talent and speed spread across the board more than we've never seen in Tampa.  Maybe this is "the year"... but I won't hold my breath.    

• Content Count:  12,293

i personally think that 8-4 would be a disappointment for me.

• Content Count:  2,461

8-4 would be disappointing, but I understand from the media's perspective USF is not hot on their list...

...given several have gone out on limbs with USF picks in the past and have been disappointed.

Time for us to put-up or shut-up.

weve always won a few that we werent supposed to win and lost many that we were supposed to win.

lets hope this year we win both! lets go for 10 wins!

• Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

The way I see it, if the D is as good as I think it is, it will hold the opposing offenses in check.  Then, if Grothe works more consistently and generates some O, then we'll simply score more points and win.  However, I think Grothe is going to be running for his life most of the time and may make some big plays by accident. I think 8-4 is pretty fair considering how we have performed in the past 2 years.  I do agree that it would be disappointing.  I would be happy with 9-3.

For what it's worth...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the reason the media is so down on us is because they are tired of us making them look dumb...

they predict us to have 10 win seasons and win/runner-up the BE and then we choke away our seasons.

Archived