• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missed PAT cost Dolphins game... Please say it was

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

blocked! That was the only kick I didn't see Billy boy take, and they said it was missed. Ahhh! He was 3-for-3 on fg, but the missed pat was costly.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

The margin of defeat was an extra point missed in the first quarter by Bill Gramatica, signed by the Dolphins on Friday because their two other place-kickers on the roster are hurt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241107015

I read somewhere that he was 60-60 in his career on PAT's, making that the first miss of his NFL career.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

The 'fins made a 2-pt conversion on their last touchdown, which made up for the miss.  The real reason they lost was Bill had to kick FGs because they couldn't put it in the endzone.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

The Dolphins loss today was caused by the same thing Dolphins losses are always caused by... the mind-sucking incompetence of one Dave Wannstedt.

Man, when I get the sports page tomorrow, the top story better be that he's joining Ron Zook and Keith Gilbertson in the Dead Coaches Society.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

I saw the end of that game...the Fins defense let the Cards drive pretty much the length of the football field with under 2:00 left.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243
  • Days Won:  0

Fins fan here. living in football misery ... pinning all my year's hopes on the Bulls ... oh and my hometown, state champs from Armwood (who BTW got a raw deal and had to forfeit a win because they used an ineligible player on a few kickoffs and now must travel in the postseason) ... yes folks, that was a High School football breakdown - that's how far the fish have fallen.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Not good to miss a PAT, but being in the first quarter... that is easily overcome, if your team doesn't sucks, like the dolphins do.  They blew the game as a team.  If the PAT was in the 4th quarter to tie, then you could blame the kicker.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

It could have been that the snap was errant or the holder couldn't place it and they had to scramble.  I couldn't find any details other than it was missed.

Guest KnightLight
It could have been that the snap was errant or the holder couldn't place it and they had to scramble.  I couldn't find any details other than it was missed.

From Orlando Sentinel:

Comments from Bill Gramatica about his missed PAT:

"I just turned on it too quick. It's an extra point. You have to make all of them."

"It was a perfect snap, perfect hold. It was just me."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

If he had made the missed kick, they would have kicked the extra point later to tie anyway. The score would have been the same. It just forced the Dolphins to go for two. I'm sure they were happy that he hit everything else or the game would not have been close.