• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Be Respect-A-Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

In the past, people tried to blame it on students, others tried to blame it on drinking...     I just gotta say it happens everywhere and every college goes through it.   Every pair of pants has at least one butthole in it.

We ALL have to monitor our own.   Period.

:clap

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

I think this post needs to be inclusive of both the message board and gameday.  I have friends coming for the Wofford game that are Wofford alumni and I can't believe that they are worried about coming to RayJay because of the reputation of USF fans. 

I park in the 'dreaded' mall lot, as I have for nearly ten years now, and I have to say this...anyone on this board that feels opposing fans shouldn't park there needs to join my friends and me in doing everything we can to make sure people are respectful of all others. 

No matter where you are a simple "take it easy" to a young (dare I say ignorant) fan is usually all it takes.  We need to all do our part because it won't get better unless a majority makes it happen.  We are the majority.

I am sorry to disagree, I think that having a little rowdy fan base is nothing to try and get rid of. Look at places like black hole, the Vet, the Phillies, West Virgina, and others fan bases that are alot worse the ours but are beloved by their players and or cities. But some bulls fans are complaining about the "young" excited college fan base; what do you except to have happen when young people are in crowed a at a sporting event with alcohol. I am not trying to offend any one but if you have kids maybe do not bring them around the students or younger adult fans and they have the right to get a little rowdy, I mean come on it is a football game, one of most violent sports in the world I think some  little naughty words can come out. It is kinda hypocritical for us to talk about this because we all have done stuff at sporting events, I mean when we beat West Virgina  a couple years ago I think almost everyone was chanting Bullspit Bullspit in response to couple bad calls and I know some of you were joining right in.

Now when it comes to Wofford/ Charleston Southern fans we should greet them with a little respect because the are coming to see their teams get doors blow in and rubbing in their face is stupid but when it comes to WV, Rutgers, UM, and others give them some some of "unexceptionable behavior". I say this because every one knows that if you go to another stadium wearing the opposing teams gear that you going catch a some poop and some these people live for that. So little teams give them a break, but rivals and poop talkers give them a tongue lashing  

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I've never yelled profanity at a sporting event or harassed another fan.  It never seemed a necessary in watching a game.  Then again, I never watched WWF either.

When we attended the 2007 WVU game at RJS I saw where fans from both sides went (but mostly USF) way overboard even before the game started.

It was embarrassing, not to mention hard to bring future Bulls (children) along to such stupid displays.  I had 6 and 8 year olds that were subjected to profanity, "mooning" and the rest.  Hard to believe they were the ones that knew better.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I think this post needs to be inclusive of both the message board and gameday.  I have friends coming for the Wofford game that are Wofford alumni and I can't believe that they are worried about coming to RayJay because of the reputation of USF fans. 

I park in the 'dreaded' mall lot, as I have for nearly ten years now, and I have to say this...anyone on this board that feels opposing fans shouldn't park there needs to join my friends and me in doing everything we can to make sure people are respectful of all others. 

No matter where you are a simple "take it easy" to a young (dare I say ignorant) fan is usually all it takes.  We need to all do our part because it won't get better unless a majority makes it happen.  We are the majority.

I am sorry to disagree, I think that having a little rowdy fan base is nothing to try and get rid of. Look at places like black hole, the Vet, the Phillies, West Virgina, and others fan bases that are alot worse the ours but are beloved by their players and or cities. But some bulls fans are complaining about the "young" excited college fan base; what do you except to have happen when young people are in crowed a at a sporting event with alcohol. I am not trying to offend any one but if you have kids maybe do not bring them around the students or younger adult fans and they have the right to get a little rowdy, I mean come on it is a football game, one of most violent sports in the world I think some  little naughty words can come out. It is kinda hypocritical for us to talk about this because we all have done stuff at sporting events, I mean when we beat West Virgina  a couple years ago I think almost everyone was chanting Bullspit Bullspit in response to couple bad calls and I know some of you were joining right in.

Now when it comes to Wofford/ Charleston Southern fans we should greet them with a little respect because the are coming to see their teams get doors blow in and rubbing in their face is stupid but when it comes to WV, Rutgers, UM, and others give them some some of "unexceptionable behavior". I say this because every one knows that if you go to another stadium wearing the opposing teams gear that you going catch a some poop and some these people live for that. So little teams give them a break, but rivals and poop talkers give them a tongue lashing  

I think you are arguing a completely different point than what that poster was saying. I am all for the students and any fan for that matter cheering and going nuts rooting on the Bulls. The problem lies in those few hundred idiots who find it necessary to swear at and, at times, physically intimidate the opposing teams' fans. Disrespecting other teams fans does NOT create a home field advantage, it makes us look like dirtbags. Cheer, scream, and yell to your hearts content, but don't make it personal and don't go after visiting fans who are there to enjoy a game and watch their team.

I for one did not see a lot of it at the Kansas game, and I know that is the game that everyone brings up when referencing "bad fan behavior," but I am not naive enough to think that it doesn't happen, because it does.  

As far as your point with the kids is concerned, that would work if we could corral all of the students and drunken losers into one area, but they are disbursed throughout the stadium, thus potentially exposing the kids to some uncivilized behavior. I for one think that the kids seeing someone drunk and acting like an assclown can be a good learning experience for them to show them how dangerous alcohol is and how you don't want to behave in that manner. But to think that there is anyway to completely separate the kids from the drunks is not realistic.

The profanity I had the most trouble with was that which was hurled at WVU fans in and around the stadium before the game ever started.  Just walking up to the game was a profanity-fest.  Totally unnecessary.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Here is my take...

I have been a life long Lighting fan (est 1992 when they were founded) and can tell you that its 10 times worse at a the Forum when the Bolts play the Flyers, Rangers, Devils, Bruins, Islanders, Habs, or Flames then it is during even a WV or Rutgers game at Ray Jay. There are at least a half dozen fist fights (in the isles mind you) and plenty of vulgar hazing going on in and outside the arena between fans... Lighting games are also full of kids probably even more so then a Bulls game. Because of this I'm sort of numb to what occurs on Bulls game day... not saying I approve of it just that I'm numb to it and I'm used to much, much worse.

I don't think you can stop it or should stop it... lets face it sports is a metaphor in almost every case for war (especially Football and Hockey) and because of this you will always have a passionate yet violent fan base that seeks to intimidate the visiting team. Its not just a problem with the Bulls and is an issue world wide... look at soccer thugs in Europe or basically anyone fan from Philly.

Instead of focusing on stomping out something that can't be killed the Bulls need to focus on making a family friendly lot that is heavily patrolled by police and perhaps making a visitors lot some where on the other side of the Stadium and far away from the jackasses... like HCC for example.

I'm not condoning bad behavior... just tossing out my perspective on the entire mess.

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

The profanity I had the most trouble with was that which was hurled at WVU fans in and around the stadium before the game ever started.  Just walking up to the game was a profanity-fest.  Totally unnecessary.

Question: were you at last years WVU game iin Morgan town? Well I was and I was hit by battery after battery and snow balls ooo and they put rocks and screws in snowballs in crazy cousin humpers land fun right. They deserve what they get in my opinion.

And in regards to the kids, if parents want to bring there kids to game look at the game and determine what type of atmosphere is probably on display. The WVU game in 07 it was heat rivalry and biggest home game in history of program, which means alot of drunk crazy people. For one WVU fans are known for being D@#chbags and cause problems, now combined with crazed USF students and fans it is a powder keg. I would not a good place for kids and some adults too.

I know it is respectful to be nice to people but in my opinion not a football game. Football as Dixiebull stated is closest thing to war; dressed up goons, face paints, battle cheers, and marching band it pretty intense and emotion run wild.

As for family friendly areas  I think that is great idea, in Oakland children are not allowed in black hole.... we should have area like that with a cool name where crazy "a -holes" can be that just be crazy "a=holes"   

I am never been embarrassed by our fans, I am glad we have them. I remember back in early 2000's that crazy fans were hard to come by and now WOW. They bring life to games and are the fuel for which the team drives it self in games. LUV YOUR CRAZY !@#$$!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Why, when someone brings up something about behavior, a typical response is, "well they are worse"?

Football as Dixiebull stated is closest thing to war; dressed up goons, face paints, battle cheers, and marching band it pretty intense and emotion run wild.

It's amazing that 99.99999% of the time the players and coaches can be civil to each other before, during and after games, but fans can not.

There is never a need to be a crazy a-hole.  Doing so shows how childish and immature that person is.

And just because other fans are bad, doesn't mean we should be as well.

Archived