• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlos Savala

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

I had a little insider info from the coach that played on our team at the Around the Horns event that when Chico went to visit Salvala the week before, he wan't exactly in football shape. He said that he had put on quite a bit of weight so this might not even be that big of a deal. He did say however that Jamar Bass looked like a man among boys out there and is setting the standard for the O-Line right now.

Other key notes he had were:

• Kayvon Webster is going to be a HUGE play maker.

• B.J. Daniels is a far better athlete than Pat White (this coach coached at WVU so he should know)  and he will be going in the 1st round of the 20?? NFL draft as a receiver.

• Ford is still having issues holding on to the ball.  :(

• Plancher had one heck of a Spring.

• Jamar Bass is a BEAST.

• Defense in general is a BEAST.

• Jerome Murphy is faster, stronger, and wait for it.........finally tackling much better and will be a huge impact player this season.

He said that in the Spring 7 on 7 drills that Webster had 3 picks and two were off of Grothe. Now don't get excited, he said they were good throws it's just that Webster has insticts like he's never seen before. He says that he breaks on the ball lightning quick and if he misses his fast enough to recover.

He was really big on Daniels though. Thinks this kid could be great.

Webster was already playing with the team in the Spring?  I thought he was an incoming freshman that just arrived a few weeks ago...

From what I understand it was 7 on 7 drills not actual team practice.

Again guys I'm only saying what I was told word for word. You can take it with a grain of salt if you want but, don't be ignorant like gobulls83 is with MOST of his posts on here. I'll just with hold any other info I get from coaches so as to not cause a stir.

Pat White not a good athelete? Are you serious? He went in the 2nd round of the draft and I'm sure will be utilized in the Wild Cat as a rookie. Where do you think Grothe might go in the draft? Not a dig on Matt because I wouldn't want anyone else running the offense this season but, come on don't be rediculous and say Pat White wasn't that good. Soft, yes.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Again guys I'm only saying what I was told word for word. You can take it with a grain of salt if you want but, don't be ignorant like gobulls83 is with MOST of his posts on here. I'll just with hold any other info I get from coaches so as to not cause a stir.

"Ignorant" is taking everything a college football coach tells you about his own team and treating it like it has a shred of credibility. As you aren't naming the coach, you're tying your own credibility to it as well, and to say BJ Daniels "will" be a first round draft pick at a position he doesn't even play in college - and this when we've only even seen him play a handful of in-game snaps at the position he DOES play in college - is incredibly stupid. Stupider than the guy speculating the other day about Ryne Giddens leaving USF after three years.

Assuming a coach did in fact tell you this, he was OBVIOUSLY giving you stupid cheerleading coach speak. That you think it is even worth repeating tells me you're clueless.

• Content Count:  684

settle down

• Content Count:  4,016

"Ignorant" is taking everything a college football coach tells you about his own team and treating it like it has a shred of credibility. As you aren't naming the coach, you're tying your own credibility to it as well, and to say BJ Daniels "will" be a first round draft pick at a position he doesn't even play in college - and this when we've only even seen him play a handful of in-game snaps at the position he DOES play in college - is incredibly stupid. Stupider than the guy speculating the other day about Ryne Giddens leaving USF after three years.

Assuming a coach did in fact tell you this, he was OBVIOUSLY giving you stupid cheerleading coach speak. That you think it is even worth repeating tells me you're clueless.

I don't know what is more ignorant, believing everything from an anonymous source or you arguing about it?  This guy also gave negative news too you know like Ford wasn't holding onto the ball.  I have been told that BJ Daniels is a very skilled athlete, on the elite level.  I mean come on the kid did play BE hoops and looked good on the football field as a true frosh?  Are you that dumb to argue that he's not a good athlete, or try to spin it that the coach is telling him cheerleading talk?

Hell, I'd have more respect with your argumentative rant if you accused Imiusf of stating the **** obvious as we all know BJ is an elite skilled player.  Also, Bass has been bragged as being freakish, better footwork, came in around 280lbs, and is adding weight and strength at a freightening pace, and Webster is participating in 7on7 drills as is the entire team right now in voluntaries.all the whispers have been this kid is sick...i hear shout outs have been going the way of Lindsey Lamar too.

Now quit your mean spirited rants, and as any good internet fan should do, take this as other morsels of news with a grain of salt.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I had a little insider info from the coach that played on our team at the Around the Horns event that when Chico went to visit Salvala the week before, he wan't exactly in football shape. He said that he had put on quite a bit of weight so this might not even be that big of a deal. He did say however that Jamar Bass looked like a man among boys out there and is setting the standard for the O-Line right now.

Other key notes he had were:

• Kayvon Webster is going to be a HUGE play maker.

• B.J. Daniels is a far better athlete than Pat White (this coach coached at WVU so he should know)  and he will be going in the 1st round of the 20?? NFL draft as a receiver.

• Ford is still having issues holding on to the ball.  :(

• Plancher had one heck of a Spring.

• Jamar Bass is a BEAST.

• Defense in general is a BEAST.

• Jerome Murphy is faster, stronger, and wait for it.........finally tackling much better and will be a huge impact player this season.

He said that in the Spring 7 on 7 drills that Webster had 3 picks and two were off of Grothe. Now don't get excited, he said they were good throws it's just that Webster has insticts like he's never seen before. He says that he breaks on the ball lightning quick and if he misses his fast enough to recover.

He was really big on Daniels though. Thinks this kid could be great.

will bj daniels be a better football player than white

dont count on ford to do much at this point

the rest remains to be seen that is why they play the games

• Content Count:  7,890

Me must be talking about Steve Bird because he is the only guy on the staff that coached at WVU

• Content Count:  720

Good detective work grasshopper.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

i think the poster thought u were saying BJ would be going in 1st round as a receiver but u were talkin about White ....correct?

• Content Count:  356

Lighten up Francis...one of these guys may save your life one day...

• Content Count:  5,241

Back to Savala:

I really hope he can at least make it to school this fall at least as a back up. We need DEPTH at O-line!!!

Archived