• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't look now, but Notre Dame...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, FSU is now in the drivers seat in the ACC

WRONG.  FSU lost to Miami and Maryland.  That leaves them with 2 conference losses.  Miami has the tie-breaker on them, so they need another Miami loss to prevail.

Also, UVA and Va Tech are BOTH sitting with ONE conference loss.  UVA, Va Tech, and UM all still play each other.  It's pretty safe to say one of the 3 will be ACC champs.

FSU needs either Va Tech or UVA to beat Miami, but they ALSO need that same school to lose to the other one in Virginia.

So Va Tech, UVA, and Miami are all in the drivers seat, and will take it by winning out.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

WRONG.  FSU lost to Miami and Maryland.  That leaves them with 2 conference losses.  Miami has the tie-breaker on them, so they need another Miami loss to prevail.

Also, UVA and Va Tech are BOTH sitting with ONE conference loss.  UVA, Va Tech, and UM all still play each other.  It's pretty safe to say one of the 3 will be ACC champs.

FSU needs either Va Tech or UVA to beat Miami, but they ALSO need that same school to lose to the other one in Virginia.

So Va Tech, UVA, and Miami are all in the drivers seat, and will take it by winning out.

You're right, I looked at it after I posted that.  I stand corrected.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

exactly Usfd... va and va tech.. both have acc in their own hand... everyone else needs help.

I don't see Miami beating Virginia in Virginia, especially with their troubles stopping the run.  Virginia is a great running team.  It looks like it will come down to the Virginia / VaTech game.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

exactly Usfd... va and va tech.. both have acc in their own hand... everyone else needs help.

I disagree about Miami.  If they win out, they will hand Virginia and Virginia Tech their 2nd conference losses of the year, which would mean that the conference champions will have two losses.  Furthermore, Miami will have then beaten any of the teams with two losses (FSU, Virginia or Va. Tech), so they would win the conference outright.  

USFFan

And Virginia and VaTech still have to play each other.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

F$U should NOT be ranked above UM  :P

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

F$U should NOT be ranked above UM  :P

Nor UVA over FSU.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I disagree about Miami.  If they win out, they will hand Virginia and Virginia Tech their 2nd conference losses of the year, which would mean that the conference champions will have two losses.  Furthermore, Miami will have then beaten any of the teams with two losses (FSU, Virginia or Va. Tech), so they would win the conference outright.  

That's what I think will happen. UM will right the ship. At worst they'll end in a tie atop the ACC. I'm not the least bit impressed with Virginia. If a non-Florida team wins it it will be Va Tech, which is playing well.

Oh, and in addition to the ACC champ having three or more losses, what if the Big XII North champ wins the title game in that league? Such a team would at best be 8-4. Iowa State-Utah in the Fiesta Bowl, anyone?

Guest wildrover

The only way they would ever join the BE is if they hit absolute rock bottom and needed the conference to justify them, not the other way around.