• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New commitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Rivals says DE Brandon Wilkinson committed.  On the front page.  3 star on Rivals.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

are we gonna turn into DE U?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Rivals says DE Brandon Wilkinson committed.  On the front page.  3 star on Rivals.

Scout is reporting it as well. They also have him 3 stars.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=4152769

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

6'4" 195lbs.? Hope he hits the weight room and some buffets to get that weight up a bit.

6'4" 195lbs.? Hope he hits the weight room and some buffets to get that weight up a bit.

Rivals lists him as 6'4 215 lbs.

http://usf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=97339

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I read somewhere he is up around 220 right now.  Don't forget, Selvie has only in the last year legitimately gotten above 245.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I read somewhere he is up around 220 right now.

That's much better. He'll put on some pounds this season and when he gets into out weight training program.

I read somewhere he is up around 220 right now.

That's much better. He'll put on some pounds this season and when he gets into out weight training program.

He's gaining wait by the minute.  ;D

Wilkinson commits to USF

bilde?Site=SH&Date=20090725&Category=ARTICLE&ArtNo=907251027&Ref=AR

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Venice High's defensive end calls the school a perfect fit

By ALAN DELL Correspondent

Published: Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 1:00 a.m.

Last Modified: Friday, July 24, 2009 at 7:20 p.m.

VENICE - Ever since he can remember, Brandon Wilkinson felt the University of South Florida was the perfect fit for him.

So the Venice High defensive end gave himself the perfect birthday present when he committed to the Bulls on Friday. It was less than one week after he received an offer from USF head coach Jim Leavitt.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pounder celebrates his 18th birthday today and he could not think of a better gift. He had received offers from numerous Football Bowl Subdivision schools (formerly called Division I-A), including Purdue, Minnesota and Indiana from the Big 10; Vanderbilt and Kentucky from the SEC and Wake Forest and Duke from the ACC.

"Everything feels right about USF, the coaches, the school and the football they play," Wilkinson said. "Coach Leavitt is a religious, Christian man and that is very important to me and my family. He is working hard to get USF a Big East Conference championship and I want to be a part of it."

Wilkinson, his parents and brother toured the campus on Friday, then had a family meeting and he decided that he would commit. The verbal commitment is non-binding, but Wilkinson said it was firm and that he would not visit other schools.

"Coach Leavitt was revved up and said he was happy I was coming," Wilkinson said. "USF is after a championship and I could tell by the way he talks that he wants to become a powerhouse. He is passionate about football and life."

Venice head coach John Peacock predicted his prize defensive player would be a captain of the Bulls by the time he was a senior and praised Wilkinson for turning himself into a big-time college prospect. When last season ended, he was about 190 pounds and said the weight he put on was nearly all muscle.

Wilkinson is impressed with the defensive ends that have played for USF, particularly All-American senior George Selvie. It is the same position the Bulls want him to play.

"The coaches told me they really like my first step coming off the edge," said Wilkinson, who led the Indians with 12 sacks and had 40 tackles, five quarterback pressures, two fumble recoveries and one blocked kick last season.

Wilkinson said he could graduate from high school early and if he does, he would enroll at USF in January. He is open to sitting out his first year as a redshirt, but Leavitt told him to wait and see how things develop.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090725/ARTICLE/907251027/-1/NEWSSITEMAP

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

How are his grades? does he have any grades changes recently?

How are his grades? does he have any grades changes recently?

If he was offered by DUKE, I suspect he may get by our academic committee.  ;)

Archived