• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Halladay for Kaz...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Is this a possible trade? Maybe throw in a few prospects and/or some cash?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

No, Not a chance in hell, unless those throw in prospects are the best prospects in the Rays system.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

halladay is pretty close to a done deal to the phillies.

cliff lee might be a better possibility for the rays but i dont see them getting a big name starter with so much young pitching and sonnastine in the minors.

kazmir will probably get traded though

• Content Count:  4,016

I think the Rays could get that deal done, and as the article stated Crawford is there to replenish the farm system.

You could easily do a 3 or 4 man deal with the Jays, throw out Joyce, Kazmir, and Wade Davis (you wouldn't go this heavy for Lee).  This would work because bringing in Halladay effectively locks in an ironclad starting staff for a few years with Halladay, Shields, Garza, Price, and Neiman...you've got your ace in Halladay with top flight 2-3, and only Price that can burn hot and cold.  They need to do something with Wade since he's out of options anyway I believe.  The team also has stars in the minors like Sonnesteine, Hellickson.

If we do that then maybe Crawford for Martinez would work...I'd love it.  Again Jennings, Perez...we're fine with speed in the future. 

These type of moves would also mean there will be no trimming of salaries because Martinez, and Halladay will maintain the same salary clout as Crawford, and Kazmir.

Ahem, I also believe my ears were accurate when I said Crawford was on the block.  As it stands it's pretty certain now that Crawford and Kaz will be moved on.

• Content Count:  7,890

Right now Kaz needs to be playing for the Stonecrabs

as long as the rays are in the race crawford WILL NOT be traded.

• Content Count:  4,016

as long as the rays are in the race crawford WILL NOT be traded.

Most likely, but his name continues to be rumored and clearly teams are inquiring and the Rays would be foolish not to listen.  They'll either take something for him now, but the better bet is wait until the off-season and not option and get extra picks for his departure.

BTW, Jennings is batting .326 in Montgomery with 36 stolen bases. 

The team would be wise to vacate Kaz, and Davis at their first opportunity for a pitcher.  Especially since Kaz's salary is jumping significantly again next year, and as I understand it Davis is out of options.  Once he's brought up it has got to be for good or never.  Putting those two together with someone else for a Clif Lee wouldn't be a bad idea in the present situation.  Or move maybe move Kaz, and a few position players for a catcher like Martinez.  Then you can call up Davis and insert him in the starting line-up.

It will be an interesting week because you get the feeling with how the salaries are stacking up for next year the Rays may make a move or two both as hopeful assistance in their final push this season and to create opportunity for 2010.

BTW, Jennings is batting .326 in Montgomery with 36 stolen bases. 

pitching in double A is ALOT different than pitching in the majors....ask reid  brignac.

there is no way that jennings can get called up now and instantly become CC.

he might eventually be able to replace him but not right now.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I think the Rays could get that deal done, and as the article stated Crawford is there to replenish the farm system.

You could easily do a 3 or 4 man deal with the Jays, throw out Joyce, Kazmir, and Wade Davis (you wouldn't go this heavy for Lee).  This would work because bringing in Halladay effectively locks in an ironclad starting staff for a few years with Halladay, Shields, Garza, Price, and Neiman...you've got your ace in Halladay with top flight 2-3, and only Price that can burn hot and cold.  They need to do something with Wade since he's out of options anyway I believe.  The team also has stars in the minors like Sonnesteine, Hellickson.

If we do that then maybe Crawford for Martinez would work...I'd love it.  Again Jennings, Perez...we're fine with speed in the future. 

These type of moves would also mean there will be no trimming of salaries because Martinez, and Halladay will maintain the same salary clout as Crawford, and Kazmir.

Ahem, I also believe my ears were accurate when I said Crawford was on the block.  As it stands it's pretty certain now that Crawford and Kaz will be moved on.

Did you see what the Blue Jays want from the Phillies?  No way they do that deal with the Rays, zero chance. 

so everyone knows Scott Kazmir is a bust...i think everyone has been waiting for him to figure it out long enough, it seems he never will. 

JA Happ, Drabek (nasty), Dominic Brown (sick)...Phillies would be stupid to give it up, and thats why that deal isnt getting done.  Halladay will most likey be traded in the off season.  They are asking too high for him, not even in the same galaxy as that rays offer. 

Archived