• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Parking at Syracuse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I know it's a bit early, but does anyone know where to park around the Carrier Dome.

The Syracuse web site shows a parking lot with shuttle busses, another map shows that maybe a train is the best way in...

If you've been, a little help please?

• Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

The year before last I went to the road game in Syracuse with my brother who lives in Binghamton, New York.  Ate and drank post game in the Armory area of downtown Syracuse.  I took the train from the Carousel Mall area (I think that's where it was).  I would do it again.  Parking was easy, the train trip was convenient and interesting.  They use old double decker passenger cars.  It's just a couple block walk up the hill from the train to the dome.  The Carrier Dome was a great place to watch a game.  Our section was right next to the visiting players' tunnel so we had alot of interaction with the players and coaches.  Rocky and the cheerleaders were right in front of our section.  It also helped that the BULLS had a great game after the ugly losing streak that year.  Was great fun.  Will be there again this year.  Can't wait. 

Bullsdad - Thanks! I thought the train looked like an option but had not found any info on it.

We'll be going to the Dinosaur BBQ either Friday or Saturday night, if you don't already have plans. If so, see you at the game.

We'll drive up from Binghamton on Saturday morning and then go to Armory Square after the game.  Will have to make it to Dinosaur BBQ, not gone there before.  We usually go to Syracuse Suds Factory, among others.  Also will keep an ear out for wherever our fellow Bulls might congregate post game.

Two years ago I think we actually took the train from Armory Square rather than the mall.  I remember the parking was very easy.

Got curious and did some checking online.  It looks like the train, called OnTrack or Orange Express, was discontinued in March 2008.  Looks like we won't have that option this time around.  Too bad.  I'd still like to park downtown or at Armory Square and shuttle to the game.  Will have to see as we get closer.  Should be a great road trip. 

I googled - bus to Carrier Dome - then clicked on event parking. About halfway down that page is the SU schedule. Down alittle further is guest parking. It says a couple of the garages will be open to the public. The Booth garage and the University Ave. garage.

Don't know what all this means but it sure beats the heck out of working!

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3,574

We parked in the lots with the shuttle busses.

Easy and quick... and no heckling from SU fans! IMO - best fans to be with as a road team.

This year's game time is the same as 2007, so it will be a 6am departure from Boston.

Go here for more info...

http://parking.syr.edu/Parking/display.cfm?content_ID=%23%28%28%2D%2B%0A

http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2007/05/syracuse-tailgate-and-visitors-guide.html

Thanks USFan.

• Content Count:  3,574

Thanks USFan.

You're welcome. I hope to see many Bulls at the Dome. We had a nice showing 2 years ago.

Archived