• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Forde's Top CFB Rivalries

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

Honorable Mentions

West Virginia-South Florida (Oct. 30, Tampa, Fla.): One or both of these cultural opposites have been ranked in every meeting as Big East opponents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4297677&sportCat=ncf

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

cultural opposites...lol

• Content Count:  565

I think the whole "cultural opposite" thing really adds to the rivalry. A big-city school along the beach vs. one of the schools where without the school, their city wouldn't exist. Not to mention the fact that we destroyed their national championship hopes at least once (Do you really think an 11-0 WVU squad would have lost to Pitt? Actually, the 10-1 squad shouldn't have). They see our fans as stuck up pricks and our players as thugs, we see them as ignorant, couch-burning white trash.... And their fans aren't too great, either.

But personally, I think "The Battle of South Florida" with Miami and USF has a lot of potential.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think the whole "cultural opposite" thing really adds to the rivalry. A big-city school along the beach vs. one of the schools where without the school, their city wouldn't exist. Not to mention the fact that we destroyed their national championship hopes at least once (Do you really think an 11-0 WVU squad would have lost to Pitt? Actually, the 10-1 squad shouldn't have). They see our fans as stuck up pricks and our players as thugs, we see them as ignorant, couch-burning white trash.... And their fans aren't too great, either.

But personally, I think "The Battle of South Florida" with Miami and USF has a lot of potential.

tampa,the big city school???  hahahaha

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Compared to Morantown, Tampa is New York City.

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

tampa,the big city school???  hahahaha

Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota is #13 in TV Market share with 1.5% of the U.S. population, 4th largest in the South if you count TX as the south and not the SW. And if you don't think TX is the south that its second only to Atlanta's market.

• Content Count:  1,457

Yes we all know that tampa bay has great market share!!!! Yee Haw.

• Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

It takes two for a rivalry and even as much as we may have been a thorn in their side a couple of years, we're not on their radar as a rivalry.  And we won't be as long as Pitt is around.

• Content Count:  1,637

And after their visit in 2007, they don't think a whole lot of our fans either - just saying.

• Content Count:  3,749

It takes two for a rivalry and even as much as we may have been a thorn in their side a couple of years, we're not on their radar as a rivalry.  And we won't be as long as Pitt is around.

Look at their forum sites. The only team they really fear, or expect a loss from year in and out is USF as we always play them hard. Even when they had the best QB in their programs history WVU went 2-2 against us and should have lost last year as well. West Virginia and Louisville are the teams i think USF is starting rivalries with currently and at a fast pace.

Archived