• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gunmen on USF campus????

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I just heard it come across.  Anyone at USF right now?

i guess over by the greek village

• Content Count:  552

The Mo Bull alert was sent out 10 minutes ago. The helicopters in the area above Greek Village from Channel 10 and I cant tell the other one. They are asking everyone to avoid the area and stay inside.

"Tampa, Florida -- USF Police are responding to a report of a man with a gun on the northeast side of campus near Greek Village. They are advising people to avoid the area.

Tampa Police say they received multiple calls of a person with a gun. They have set up a perimeter at 50th and Fowler, but no suspect has been found.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says they are on the lookout for an armed student wearing a white t-shirt and jeans shorts.

Officials say there have been no reports of any shots fired." - Channel 10 website

According to an email send to staff at USF Health, they have the suspect surrounded but that was the last email, they have not sent out any since that one. And it was different from the text sent from Mo Bull as it did not mention knowing the exact location of the suspect.

Here is the Mo Bull text: "Alert: USF Tampa police responding to report of man with gun on NE side of campus near Greek Village. Avoid area."

Fox, CBS, ABC and NBC all have vans at the corner of Greek Village (Holly and Maple) on the grass near the road. No new news to report from the Village. No one is allowed to leave their greek house for obvious reasons, the police did come door to door (my sister is visiting a house right now)

New Mo Bull Alert- Search called off.

They feel confident that suspect is no longer in area, according to channel 8.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Fox, CBS, ABC and NBC all have vans at the corner of Greek Village (Holly and Maple) on the grass near the road. No new news to report from the Village. No one is allowed to leave their greek house for obvious reasons, the police did come door to door (my sister is visiting a house right now)

I'm sure the entire local media crawling around the area made it much easier for the police to do their jobs.  ::)

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

I drove by the Greek village on the way to Athletics about 6pm - not a cop in sight but a parade of local news clown cars and a couple of local news helicopters.  Sometimes I wonder if they're not the ones that phone stuff like that in just to have something to do.

• Content Count:  470

Crazy story.

So while that was all going down, I was on Holly at the first Bullrunner stop just south of Cypress, waiting on the bus.  I saw all the cop cars peeling around and texted all my friends to see if anyone knew what was going down.  Immediately after I texted, I received USF's mass text.  The cop cars all stopped and gathered about ten feet from me.  A couple cops ran out of their cars in their SRT equipment and I was literally just chilling in the middle of their corridor.  They didn't pay me any attention.  In any case, I saw them apprehend some kid.  It was all pretty wild that I just happened to be right there while it all went down.  That entire incident occurred about ten feet from where I was standing.  Craziness. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I work on the North East side of campus and took the Dixie mobile over to the North West side on my way home... saw plenty of FHP, USF PD, HCSO, TPD, News Choppers, and some News Trucks but did not see a gunman. Turns out that the gunman was a homeless man which was spotted up on 50th Street (miles away from campus) whom was carrying a wooden block... I don't have a link, heard this today in my security meeting.

I figured it would had been something like this because the last gunman sighting on campus was a few years back (I want to say 2005) when some liberal airheads called 911 over a gang that had assault weapons near Cooper Hall...  the gang was none other then some USF ROTC students doing drills in the field between Cooper and COBA.  ::)

On a different note did anyone hear about the bomb threat over at the Moffitt Cancer Center on Saturday... got a MoBull Message about it.

Archived