• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Western Kentucky Gathering

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

We just bought 2 tix! Any hotel or meeting places planned yet??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

We just bought 2 tix! Any hotel or meeting places planned yet??

We are booked at the Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green. According to the locals, it is one of, if not the nicest hotel in Bowling Green (not saying much). I was able to get the room for $58 per night using Priceline.com's name your own price. There are only two 3-star hotels in Bowling Green, so naming you own price will net you either the Courtyard by Marriott or the Holiday Inn. Maybe you can even do better than the $58 per night I got back in June. I love priceline.com, I have it down almost to an art form now.

As far as the meeting place goes, I will finalize the details the next couple of days. I am thinking a Friday night dinner would be fun. As far as tailgating goes, I would like to meet up with any Bulls fans that are bringing gear (we are flying in) and would gladly chip in for food and drinks.

Of those going would you prefer a Friday Night dinner, a Saturday lunch before the game, or a post-game dinner on Saturday? Let me know as I have my eyes on a few interesting places in Bowling Green where we can have it.

Also, for those interested, my wife and I will be heading out to Mammoth Cave Friday afternoon to see the sights and take one of their tours.

• Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Mrs. S and I are pulling out on Thrusday night or very early Friday morning. We're staying at the Comfort Inn near the University. I had planned on attending the Warren East / Bowling Green HS football game Friday night, but I would prefer eating instead with a bunch of Bulls Fans.

As far as tailgating, I was going have Andy's Deli in Oldsmar fix me up a pork roast, then I'll fix up some piccadillo, and have black beans and yellow rice. But I'm still thinking about that. Could just do traditional burgers and dogs, too. How soon they let you on the grounds, and what you can do once you're there, will dictate what I do. I'm still trying to get info.

Bully, I should get you to book my hotels from now on.

Mrs. S and I are pulling out on Thrusday night or very early Friday morning. We're staying at the Comfort Inn near the University. I had planned on attending the Warren East / Bowling Green HS football game Friday night, but I would prefer eating instead with a bunch of Bulls Fans.

As far as tailgating, I was going have Andy's Deli in Oldsmar fix me up a pork roast, then I'll fix up some piccadillo, and have black beans and yellow rice. But I'm still thinking about that. Could just do traditional burgers and dogs, too. How soon they let you on the grounds, and what you can do once you're there, will dictate what I do. I'm still trying to get info.

Bully, I should get you to book my hotels from now on.

Priceline is the best, especially in a small town like Bowling Green, KY. The nicest hotels were only 3 stars, and there were only 2 of them. So if you select name your own price and select the three star hotel, you know that you will get one or the other (or neither, if they don't accept your bid). You can almost always save 30% and usually save 50% or more using this technique. It worked really well for me with the 4 star hotels in Pittsburgh.

• Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

yes - two from atlanta.  driving up and staying in nashville friday night.  bowling green on sat afternnon.  nashville is alot of fun so if you get a chance check it out on your way coming or going.

Sect. 335 Row B, Seats 1 and 2. Tiny stadium, but seem to be decent seats. Only issue is that they are along the endzone.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Has everyone here received their tickets already?  When I ordered them from USF, they told me they weren't in yet and we would be notified when they were.

Got mine yesterday.

Map of WKU Parking.....

http://parking1.wku.edu/dnn/Maps/MapView/tabid/107/mid/584/Default.aspx

Some other information as given to me by a WKU alum....

Here is what I know. I graduated from WKU in the Spring of 08 and they have not changed.

There are designated parking spaces on the hill where you can park. I recommend parking your car the night before the game so you are guaranteed a spot. If not, park in Egypt (aka Creason Lot in the upper left corner of the map) Free of Charge parking. Walking distance at WKU is across the street, pass the baseball stadium and the L.T. Smith is on the left. At the most a 1/8 a mile. Not long at all. You can pay and park at Parking Structure 1 or 2, but Avenue of Champions will be shut down about 4 hours prior to kickoff so it best to find parking on the outside of campus.

Alcoholic Beverages must be in a plastic cup and actually beer or alcohol beverages cannot be seen in public view. I recommend a cooler and red plastic cups and no one will say anything.

They have undercover police from both BG City, Warren County Sheriff and KY State Troppers that are constantly walking and ID folks. Just a heads up because they will write you a ticket or take you to Warren County Detention.

You must remove your car from hill (if you plan to tailgate up there) 15 minutes before kick-off.

In all fairness, I recommend tailgating in Egypt so you wouldn't have to move your car and it is free. If you want other free zones to park I can give them to you, but I am not sure if you can "drink" there.

Right now I plan on being in the Creason Lot at 2:30 pm game day. I will have at least one grill with me and a good size cooler, so anybody wanting to bring their goodies to grill and stuff to drink are welcome at my claim.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Got our tickets today.  The Normals will be in 335, Row C, seats 8-12.  We will try to find you swampy.

Normal

Archived