• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early thoughts on the USF/FSU matchup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

FSU is weak (er then they used to be)!

They are a shell of their former selves and we will beat them... all be it by a narrow margin like we did with Auburn but we will still win.

I will stop there so that I don't jinx myself...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hm101

they come off a tough away game at BYU. this will play a big role in the outcome IMO.

this ones way up in the air for me. ill cheer the bulls on until i cant breathe but in all objectivity, FSU is a very good team that would love to send us home with an L. Lets just hope our bulls want the W more... the bulls have a realistic shot at a this

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Bobby doesn't seem too thrilled about the matchup  ;D

What's your view of playing USF for the first time this coming season?

It's a bad time to pick on them. They're playing so doggone good. They've got their program going; they've been a lot higher than us the last two or three years. It's good, though.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/article997409.ece

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I see us winning a close game up there.  I have a feeling Grothe will have a couple of huge gainers that come from a broken play.  I also see us getting a few turnovers Joe Tresey style.  Close game though.

Guest hm101

agreed. watch for turnovers and i wouldnt be surprised to see this come down to the last few minutes.

you know what though... i was asking my coworker who is a nole fan what he thought of this. he said the bulls have no chance and will be shut down by FSU. i asked about what he thought of the bulls beating Auburn and #5 WVU. The response went something like this... "can they pull off a win? sure. but play us 10 times and youll take home nine losses"

I have a feeling that even with a win, FSU folks will find a way to discredit it. Eff it though. Go bulls 4-0 to start the 09 season!

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

usf has heart.  fsu has talent.  fsu probably wins. 

we could win but definitely an underdog.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

They are a shell of their former selves and we will beat them... all be it by a narrow margin like we did with Auburn but we will still win.

we cant beat patsies of big east

fsu will have their way with usf

grothe will have bad game as he will see real fast athletes for first time

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

usf has heart.   fsu has talent.  fsu probably wins. 

[glow=red,2,300]"  fsu has talent. "[/glow] WHAT!!!!!!! Maybe on defense, but offense, I don't think so.

I see us winning a close game up there.  I have a feeling Grothe will have a couple of huge gainers that come from a broken play.  I also see us getting a few turnovers Joe Tresey style.  Close game though.

I'm with you on this. It could be a 6-3 type of game. But do believe USF will win. And if we win both games. Look forward to a extended series.

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

we cant beat patsies of big east

fsu will have their way with usf

grothe will have bad game as he will see real fast athletes for first time

But we can beat legit teams in the SEC and Big 12.

Does anyone know who is going to broadcast this game?  I would love to see a ESPN or ESPN2 7:00 game. 

Plus I am pretty sure that the student body of FSU will show up to this game.  It WILL be sold out.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

usf has heart.  fsu has talent.  fsu probably wins. 

[glow=red,2,300]"  fsu has talent. "[/glow] WHAT!!!!!!! Maybe on defense, but offense, I don't think so.

Oh?  They have talent at WR despite the losses and a very good young RB (jermaine thomas, averaged 7 ypc last year).  Their OL was very young the last 2 years but should be mature and experienced this year.  Ponder, to me, is the weak link, but he might be better this year.  EJ Manuel has talent, as well.

Archived