• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else feeling nervous

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

about this late signing period for hoops?  I thought Montreal was a lock and a mere formality, but now he is visiting Boise State this weekend.  Famous is likely going to go elsewhere with stars in his eyes, but I never had a good feel for him.  Bryant is visiting Arkansas this weekend.  I haven't heard any more talk about Vince Sanford's son.  Marcius is visiting this week, so I guess we can keep our fingers crossed there. 

I guess all the old USF hoops scars from the past are getting to me.  This spring signing period seems so unsettled to me.  I thought that CSH and staff would have more to show for the period than the guys we have brought in.  Burwell looks like a good pick up to me, but then what?  We'll see how it all plays out, but I am just having trouble seeing how we are going to get better next season if we don't pick up at least one juco big man.  I was hoping it would be Famous, but I am skeptical of him.  Now Montreal is still looking which is never a good sign, especially at a school that recently cropped up in his recruitment.

USF hoops is gonna put me in an early grave man.  :-\

Normal

• Content Count:  1,867

Have faith, but it does seem a bit disturbing that we are not seeing the love... Hopefully they can pull some of this talent in, man we can use it!!

Nation

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I believe today is the first day of the late signing period, so hang in there. I expect to get some frontcourt help for this team, but from whom, remains to be seen.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I think CSH will be in the grave before any of us. As for myself I'm in a state of disbelief right now and I have no anwsers for USF basketball recruiting. The headline, "Montreal will visit Boise before making a decision," makes you drop your jaw. Considering the circumstances that's the biggest slap in the face I have ever seen in basketball recruiting, in fact that is more like a left hook from Mike Tyson(young Iron Mike). To think that a kid would say that to any Big East School after he visited has to be an eye raiser throughout the rest of the conference and with those around the nation that follow college basketball.

I didn't want Bryant visiting Arkansas because their basketball facilities makes our look ancient. Heath will be sick in his stomach if Bryant signs with the Hogs. Heath is probably pulling for Detroit Mercy at this point to get Bryant since it doesn't appear we will. He won't like losing this particular kid to his old school after working so hard on him.

Vee Sanford is the one I never understood. We had Richmond and Sherrod Wright out there with a better chance at then Vee who wants to go to G'Town as he has said. Maybe his father wants his son to look at USF but his dad can't pick for his son and shouldn't. Frankly I would've taken Wright or Richmond over Sanford, but that's just me.

I don't think we get Marcius and really haven't for a while. Frankly I don't see how anybody can think we will actually get someone that is a flatout reach at this point.

Let's just say be some miracle we get Famous, him along will not be enough imo. We need the two forwards that visited this past weekend too.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I believe today is the first day of the late signing period, so hang in there. I expect to get some frontcourt help for this team, but from whom, remains to be seen.

Hankins is the one frontcourt player that wanted to come here, but we put him on the B-list in favor of Montreal. Well Hankins and Lance Jeter who we could have gotten also both have committed to Nebraska. If Hankins plays next season and we don't get someone as good as him or better then that's a lot of egg on the face right there.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

So what if he wants to go on a visit to Boise St.  IF he really chooses them over USF I don't think he would have made it in the BE.  He will get playing time here so that isn't the question.  The only reason he would choose Boise St over USF is that he doesn't think he has the talent to play here

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

So what if he wants to go on a visit to Boise St.  IF he really chooses them over USF I don't think he would have made it in the BE.  He will get playing time here so that isn't the question.  The only reason he would choose Boise St over USF is that he doesn't think he has the talent to play here

Possible. Alternatively, it could mean he wants to win, and win badly, even if it is WAC-affiliated Boise State. A lot of things are really up in the air right now, which leads to all this speculation. I think this recruiting cycle will be make-or-break for Stan Heath. 

• Content Count:  219

It's a shame the recruiting has gone this poorly.

I thought we actually showed some promise last year that we could use to build off of with these recruits.

It's bad when UCF is out recruiting you.

Archived