• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

search for 3 missing boaters will be suspended at sundown

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/mar/03/rescued-boaters-details-helpful-search-others/news-metro/

Saw the same thing.  Really sucks.  I was hopeful today would have yielded more results, especially after finding the boat yesterday. 

They found a cooler and a life vest today.  That was about it for an entire day of searching with 6 boats and at least 3 copters. 

There is still a couple of hours of light left, lets hope they come up with something. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

That stinks.

I couldn't imagine being in one of the families and having the Coast Guard tell me they are giving up.  I know about the facts and the odds....it would be so hard to accept.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

seems like they should continue at least another day.  I know the odds are a trillion - 1 they are still alive, but people have beaten the odds before and these were very healthy, strong men.

• Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Sad to hear it. My prayers go out to their families it must be horrible to hear the news

• Content Count:  3,103

My prayers go out to these 3 men and their families, G-d willing they will eventually be found eventually alive somewhere and some how.

• Content Count:  1,037

There are still a few hours left. God I hope they find them.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

seems like they should continue at least another day.  I know the odds are a trillion - 1 they are still alive, but people have beaten the odds before and these were very healthy, strong men.

while i agree, and hope they do keep looking...

Nick was in the best shape of all of them, and he had hypothermia even though he wasn't in the water.  The others have been in 68 degree gulf for over 72 hours.  Nick had mild hypothermia after 24.  I hope they can pull off a miracle... but it isn't looking to good, and that is coming from an eternal optimist. :(

• Content Count:  1,757

Between water temperatures, wind speed, and the story Schuyler came back with (of them hanging on and slowly letting go after 12-16 hours) it really doesn't look good for these 3 men.  Hypothermia is unavoiadable in these conditions, worse if any of them were wearing cotton.  It's a testament to the strength and sheer willpower of Mr. Schuyler that he hung on for as long as he did.  

All we can do is hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.  

Everyone please be safe on the water, pay attention to the weather conditions, don't push it and carry the proper safety gear.  I'd definitely recommend an EPIRB if you're going out past site of the coastline.  Yeah it's pricey, but it's a worthwhile investment if you plan on going out on the water on a regular basis.  

• Content Count:  1,757

while i agree, and hope they do keep looking...

Nick was in the best shape of all of them, and he had hypothermia even though he wasn't in the water.  The others have been in 68 degree gulf for over 72 hours.  Nick had mild hypothermia after 24.  I hope they can pull off a miracle... but it isn't looking to good, and that is coming from an eternal optimist. :(

I thought the water temps were in the high 50's.  Gulfster has it listed at 59 at the highest point of the last 3 days.

Archived