• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Makes Offer to Disch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

It seems that a common thread running through all of CJL's candidates is that they are good recruiters.  Seems like he is placing an emphasis on that. 

I know nothing of Disch other than the stats for Illinois' defense, which doesn't impress me.  I'll trust in CJL.

I am not so sure that Tresey was a good recruiter. Some Cincy fans were complaining that he didn't recruit well for them. Being able to recruit in Florida is an important aspect of the job and he may have been found lacking in that respect.

winning is the best recruiting tool.

Cinci has shown that they can win the Big East, and Tresey's defense was a primary reason for that.

bringing in coaches that are good recruiters but have not proven that they can produce top-tier defenses or coach up the talent currently on the roster is not where i as a fan believe our priorities should be.

i'll trust in Leavitt to make the right decision, but two or three more seasons of 4-3 or worse in the Big East and all these "great recruiters" won't mean much.

we need coaches that can produce and coach up the talent we have now.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Report: Disch staying at Illinois

Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch, who was offered the defensive coordinator job at USF by coach Jim Leavitt, is turning down that offer and staying at Illinois, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Illinois spokeswoman Cassie Arner told the Sun-Times that Disch was offered the position at USF but is staying at Illinois, where he coached the past four seasons.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

It seems that a common thread running through all of CJL's candidates is that they are good recruiters.  Seems like he is placing an emphasis on that. 

I know nothing of Disch other than the stats for Illinois' defense, which doesn't impress me.  I'll trust in CJL.

I am not so sure that Tresey was a good recruiter. Some Cincy fans were complaining that he didn't recruit well for them. Being able to recruit in Florida is an important aspect of the job and he may have been found lacking in that respect.

winning is the best recruiting tool.

Cinci has shown that they can win the Big East, and Tresey's defense was a primary reason for that.

bringing in coaches that are good recruiters but have not proven that they can produce top-tier defenses or coach up the talent currently on the roster is not where i as a fan believe our priorities should be.

i'll trust in Leavitt to make the right decision, but two or three more seasons of 4-3 or worse in the Big East and all these "great recruiters" won't mean much.

we need coaches that can produce and coach up the talent we have now.

THANK GOD Disch is turning us down.

i'll agree with dabully here.  haven't all of you learned already that it's more than just recruiting?  it's developing talent and having them play at a higher level.  our annual cincinnati and/or rutgers spanking should teach you all that COACHING wins games and winning games brings in recruits.  we need to bring in tresey.. at all costs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

He's turning us down...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

good.

• Content Count:  7,693

illini doesnt have a good defense so i dont like this hire

I agree with Smazza... also recruiting up in shady ole Illinois is one thing, competing effectively in Florida as a recruiter is another. How many Florida recruits has this guy recruited while at Ill?

• Content Count:  7,693

He's turning us down...

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

Scratch my last post... did not see this one...  :-[

• Content Count:  5,249

our annual cincinnati and/or rutgers spanking should teach you all that COACHING wins games and winning games brings in recruits.  we need to bring in tresey.. at all costs.

yes.

Goal #1 - WE NEED TO WIN THE BIG EAST CONFERENCE.

who better to bring in than a guy who not only KNOWS the conference but has WON the conference, and did it with top-notch defenses?

Dischbag and Ekeler have turned us down.

why hasn't Tresey been offered???

Archived