• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is FIOS worth it?

usfbulls2004

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

verizon is installing fios cables around my area and i was wondering is fios worth signing up for. I heard they screw with your bill, just wondering.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I am not a fios customer, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard the same thing.  And I've heard they have some type of contract too, but i am not positive.

I've heard the internet speed is great, and the tv service is great (more hd channels than brighthouse by a long shot, but most you have to pay extra for a large number of them).

I've also heard that the tv piggybacks off of DirectTV or Dish (not sure which one), so all you are getting is rebranded satellite, with all its quirks.    Can't verify that either, but may aid you in your research.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

I love it. The picture is very clear, the internet is much better than brighthouse. I just installed it on Monday, so I have not had the billing problems yet.

• Content Count:  1,387

I've had FIOS for over 2 years now and have not had a single issue to speak of! I love FIOS. Only thing I miss is not have Brighthouse Sports Network. But having the NFL network makes up for it.

• Content Count:  12,293

with FiOS you HAVE to have a box on every tv and they charge you like $10 per month per box.  so you pay for the service but then you have to rent the equipment each month.  i have tv's in 4 rooms so i would be paying atleast 40 extra per month.  plus i would be without catch47 which covers USF a lot and replays all of our football games, spring game, coaches show, etc

thanks for the info, the guy said it will be three months until fios is fully operational in my area. i have some things to consider in that time.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I just recently installed FIOS at my home, and it's much better than Brighthouse. As some have already mentioned, the HD is exceptional and the internet speed is superior to that of Brighthouse. Also, something not mentioned yet, that you get free access to ESPN 360, which makes up for the lack of Catch 47. Before I switched over, Catch 47 really wasn't playing that much USF-related content anyways, the switch has been seamless. We're paying just $2.00 extra a month over what we paid with Brighthouse and get almost double the content, with NFL channel being a great addition.

does the mlb network come with fios as well?

• Content Count:  1,387

Yes, but it isn't in HD.

• Content Count:  3,096

Yes, but it isn't in HD.

Which kinda sucks, wonder if its going to ever be in HD on Fios.

Archived