• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6'7 Forward Glenn Bryant

Guest AstroBull

Guest AstroBull

Vega what do you have on Glenn Bryant?

11:50 PM Update: It has been a long day of basketball. It wrapped up with a good one as Oak Hill edged St. Patrick’s with clutch plays down the stretch.

One of the best uncommitted 2009 forwards in the country performs for Oak Hill in 6′7, athletic Glenn Bryant. Following the game, Bryant told NBE he is looking at offers from Marquette, South Florida and Alabama. The Detroit native also has Michigan and Nebraska looking at him hard.

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/primetime-recruiting-updates/#more-3605

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=67961&Sport=2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Vega what do you have on Glenn Bryant?

11:50 PM Update: It has been a long day of basketball. It wrapped up with a good one as Oak Hill edged St. Patrick’s with clutch plays down the stretch.

One of the best uncommitted 2009 forwards in the country performs for Oak Hill in 6′7, athletic Glenn Bryant. Following the game, Bryant told NBE he is looking at offers from Marquette, South Florida and Alabama. The Detroit native also has Michigan and Nebraska looking at him hard.

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/primetime-recruiting-updates/#more-3605

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=67961&Sport=2

By all reports a good kid that is easy to get along with and is very confident on the court. His game is still making the transition from more of a 4 man to becoming a true SF that will need to be his position in college. Right now his range is about up to 12ft but jumpshots is not what he made his name off of. This guy is a very athletic and powerful dunker. I wouldn't put him in Victor Rudd's catagory of freakish leaping ability but he certainly rivals Ari Stewart, a guy that we were in on last fall. Reading what others say about him it has been said that he's either all hype or a future big-time college player. Imo if he can extend his range out to 18ft I see a really really good player at the next level.

CqezVoLLtv4

1NCeL-DOXpY

• 1 month later...

Scheduled to visit here on April 10th along with Deaqoun Montreal. We're in good shape with this guy.

Here's another video of him and this one illustrates a reason why we really need him. The guy blocks jumpshots which takes great skill and athletic ability to do.

/v/VIg4W9YABLo&hl

Here's a link to the story G.A. had on Bryant back in March

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/03/heath-visiting-oak-hill-forward-bryant.html

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well update this. Glenn Bryant visited USF this past weekend, didn't commit and will visit Ark this coming weekend were Rivals.com believes he will end up.

Makes we wonder if Heath has fallen out favor with certain connected people in Detroit with all the misses we have had recruiting players with ties to Michigan.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

He did get dumars and at least we have been in the running and could still sign a few from that area.  That is alot more then could have been said for past coaches.  Heath is by far been on the radar for the best prospects in USF Basketball history.  When has USF ever been metioned with these other schools for high recruits never.  Like you said it takes time.

• Content Count:  219
  • Days Won:  0

He did get dumars

Who, by all accounts, is a pretty mediocre player.

If we're trying to get mediocre sons we sure picked the wrong one. UCF got the heir to Jordan, and at least he's a decent player. I don't think Dumars will end up being a very good player.

Like you said it takes time.

I hate to be mentioning UCF as a benchmark so often but they've beat us head to head (Clanton) and have pulled in great HS talent this year. We've been rather pathetic lately with the HS talent, all we're able to get good talent from is through transfers and prep school.

I like CSH a lot but if we cannot become a sell over UCF we have a real problem.

Especially with FIU getting Isiah Thomas. Are we going to fall behind them in recruiting too?

We need a big guy in a bad way. You'd think someone would want to take an almost guaranteed start in the Big East regardless of how bad the surrounding team is. Perhaps DJones getting snubbed in these awards is being noticed and we're viewed as a place that is difficult to get exposure even if you're good?

I don't know...if I could start for a BE team or a WAC team I wouldn't bother to visit the WAC team. Yet we have players doing just that.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Who says UCF is out recruiting us?  Clanton is good pickup but if we get any of the offers out there we will be fine..  Who cares how the talent gets here if its transfer JuCO or HS?  Crater is an ESPN top 100, Gus is highly rated. Jordan vs Dumars is a push. I will take our recruits anytime over UCF.  I'll take montreal, famous or Marius over clanton as well.  IF we add Bryant and one other our class will be much better then theirs.  Before we rate the class lets see who we get and grade then not in the middle of signing period

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

HOGS HOST TWO

Arkansas will host two basketball recruits on official visits this weekend: Forward Glenn Bryant, 6-7, 200, of Oak Hill Academy in Virginia and Jeff Peterson, a 6-0, 190-pound guard from Springfield, Mo., who plans to transfer from Iowa.

Bryant is regarded by ESPN as one of the top unsigned players in the 2009 class. He's expected to choose between the Razorbacks, South Florida and Detroit.

Link

Archived