• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF May Lose 2009 Opponent FIU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

i vote for ohio

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Many teams would take a road trip to florida just to play in florida. They'd do it for recruiting.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Indiana has already scheduled Towson, though they may be willing to change that around and move up the game played in Tampa.  I'm sure that would be more profitable for them than playing Towson anyways.

Chances are if we add someone we're not playing in the future that we'll likely need to give them a 1-for-1 for adding this late. 

Boston College still needs to add an opponent.  Maybe a home-home series with them? 

Here's the list of teams needing an opponent:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college_football_2009_schedules/index_openings.htm

Maybe Michigan?  This might be a situation where they'd be willing to give a home-home and they'd be a HUGE draw at Raymond James.

Nice link.

NEEDS TO ADD ONE OPPONENT   

Akron

Ball State

Boston College

Clemson

Colorado State

Duke

Florida Atlantic

Houston

Indiana

Kentucky

Louisiana-Lafayette

Michigan

Mississippi

Missouri

North Carolina

North Carolina State

North Texas

Oklahoma

Syracuse

TCU

Tulane

Tulsa

Virginia

Western Michigan

NEEDS TO ADD TWO OPPONENTS

Arkansas State

Central Michigan

Kansas State

Louisville

Ohio

NEEDS TO ADD THREE OPPONENTS

Rutgers

Guest nybullsfan

Any chance the BE would work with us and put a conference game that week?  That would potentially open up a game later in the season.  Come to think of it, don't we play Miami Thanksgiving day this year?  And we have an extra open date because of not playing a conference championship.  I would think that we are not locked into replacing this game on Sept 19th.

Ball State (2011) and NC State (2014) are both open October 3, what about moving one of them up to 2009?

(Obviously, I have no idea how the ACC/MAC/BE look at the 10/3/09 weekend as far as in-conference games are scheduled)

• Content Count:  1,037

I would like to see whichever game is added to be rescheduled later in the year. I would like to have a tough big east (like cincy) come into rayjay for a noon game in mid-september, I doubt they would be able to handle 100 degree weather. Plus, USF usually wins its first few games of the year and then takes a nosedive in the second half of the season.  :-\

• Content Count:  4,501

USF won't replace FIU with a BCS team... but a non-BCS team.

Non-BCS Schools with 11 games and Sep 19th open:

Houston

Tulane

Tulsa

Ohio

Central Michigan

Western Michigan

Arkansas State

If these are the only teams to choose from, I'd say go with Tulsa, even if it's a home-and-home. In 2008 they were head-and-shoulders better than anyone else in this list. And they beat top 25 Ball State (another future opponent) in the GMAC Bowl.

Michigan? Never happen. RichRod knows we have his number and would never agree to a game with us.

There are alot more teams available.  Those are the teams needing a game on Sep 19th.  I would love to see Mich come play here but I think your right - won't happen.

Where is the rage - our own conference brother cutting us off at the knees and everyone is like - oh well.  I understand an OOC team but not this late in the game for your own conference doing this to you.  Plus Rutgars will use it for recruiting. 

I hate Rutgars.  We have to beat them this year after last years ugly mess.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

You're probably right, although (see above) there are some FBS teams who need a game and are open on 9/19...

UCF is playing at Texas that weekend.  Hard to see them canceling that to come to Tampa.  They also have 12 games scheduled next year (Samford, Buffalo, and Miami are their other 3 OOC).

Thank the lord... as long as its not UCiF then I'm fine with whom ever... from the teams listed in an earlier thread I would not mind playing Ohio or Arkansas State.

Guest nybullsfan

USF won't replace FIU with a BCS team... but a non-BCS team.

Non-BCS Schools with 11 games and Sep 19th open:

Houston

Tulane

Tulsa

Ohio

Central Michigan

Western Michigan

Arkansas State

If these are the only teams to choose from, I'd say go with Tulsa, even if it's a home-and-home. In 2008 they were head-and-shoulders better than anyone else in this list. And they beat top 25 Ball State (another future opponent) in the GMAC Bowl.

Michigan? Never happen. RichRod knows we have his number and would never agree to a game with us.

There are alot more teams available.  Those are the teams needing a game on Sep 19th.  I would love to see Mich come play here but I think your right - won't happen.

Where is the rage - our own conference brother cutting us off at the knees and everyone is like - oh well.  I understand an OOC team but not this late in the game for your own conference doing this to you.  Plus Rutgars will use it for recruiting. 

I hate Rutgars.  We have to beat them this year after last years ugly mess.

RU is the team we all love to hate, so nothing they do surprises us anymore.

Besides, we didn't really want to play FIU again anyway, so it's actually a blessing in disguise.

Indiana has already scheduled Towson, though they may be willing to change that around and move up the game played in Tampa.  I'm sure that would be more profitable for them than playing Towson anyways.

Chances are if we add someone we're not playing in the future that we'll likely need to give them a 1-for-1 for adding this late. 

Boston College still needs to add an opponent.  Maybe a home-home series with them? 

Here's the list of teams needing an opponent:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college_football_2009_schedules/index_openings.htm

Maybe Michigan?  This might be a situation where they'd be willing to give a home-home and they'd be a HUGE draw at Raymond James.

Nice link.

NEEDS TO ADD ONE OPPONENT   

Akron

Ball State

Boston College

Clemson

Colorado State

Duke

Florida Atlantic

Houston

Indiana

Kentucky

Louisiana-Lafayette

Michigan

Mississippi

Missouri

North Carolina

North Carolina State

North Texas

Oklahoma

Syracuse

TCU

Tulane

Tulsa

Virginia

Western Michigan

NEEDS TO ADD TWO OPPONENTS

Arkansas State

Central Michigan

Kansas State

Louisville

Ohio

NEEDS TO ADD THREE OPPONENTS

Rutgers

Well, when you take out the Big East teams and the rest of the BCS, the list becomes the same as I've posted:

Akron

Ball State (needs home game)

Colorado State (needs home game)

FAU (needs home game)

Houston

LA Lafayette

North Texas

TCU

Tulane

Tulsa

USF will not play 3 OOC games against BCS conference teams, so no one should waste a minute of time thinking about any of them.

It's possible we could have a different date open than Sep 19... but chances are better we will find an FCS team to fill it... which is fine since we have UM and FSU to balance the OOC strength of schedule.

• Content Count:  3,403

Well, when you have 8 months to schedule a game, you can take a "chance" and schedule a freaking BCS team.  I think we could handle Duke.

Archived