• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN......Really?

Bslow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

First it was the WR Drifton and now a big LB recruit in Mike Lang?  I don't get it?  Why....USF over UCONN seems like a no brainer.  UCONN had one decent year and backed into a CO-championship.  Weather and family alone seems like we could keep these two.  Does anyone have a good reason for this?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The staff had zero interest in Difton after he backed out of his Verbal (lot's of people feel he's overrated and benefited from being surrounded by a lot of talent) and Lang was never a major target for us.  Both of them going to Uconn is not a major loss to me.  The only prospects left are JPP, Barrington, Hosley all of whom i would much rather have scholly's for than either of those 2. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Dozer you forgot Griffin.

Lang wanted to play WR and I think we would eventually have moved him to safety. 

As for Difton, Dozer hit it on the head. 

• Content Count:  1,241

The staff had zero interest in Difton after he backed out of his Verbal (lot's of people feel he's overrated and benefited from being surrounded by a lot of talent) and Lang was never a major target for us.  Both of them going to Uconn is not a major loss to me.  The only prospects left are JPP, Barrington, Hosley all of whom i would much rather have scholly's for than either of those 2. 

Im with you on those 3 + griffin.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Im with you on those 3 + griffin.

I dunno why i didn't include Griffin, one to many coors lights i guess. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Keep in mind there is a dance going on both sides.  The coaches have to show interest in more players than they have schollies, because they won't get them all.  The players are looking at more schools than their top choice, because they don't know who ultimately will give them an offer.  Only the guys like Ryne Giddens really have an open choice.  The rest are trying to sell their skills just like the coaches are trying to sell their program.  Once USF gets the number of, say, WRs they want, they'll back off the other kids they were pursuing.  If someone decommits, they may renew interest.

A friend at work just went through the recruiting process with his daughter, a softball pitcher.  She talked to at least a dozen different schools, with varying levels of interest.  One school offered her early.  She liked them but wasn't ready to commit.  One day the coach calls up and says, "Sorry, I got commits from two other pitchers."  In her case, she still had other options and still ended up in one of her favorite choices.  

Just because a kid has USF or Florida or Middle Tennessee State on their list doesn't mean they have a firm offer.   Even if they have an offer, it may have a time limit.  As long as the coaches are above board on where the kid ranks on the coaches wish list, they are being fair.

• Content Count:  5,241

Small picture is lang and drifton.

Big Picture is we are really after JPP, Hosley and Sterling Griffin. No room for lang or Drifton. Gonna have to grey shirt Sager and Demi Thompson I think...

Archived