• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who will be our next verbal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Well i'm glad we got a LB and seems to be the best of the bunch although he may not qualify.  I was wrong, I thought it was going to be quiet til NSD.

I think Barrington is just as good IMO.  Hopefully we can land him too. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Devekeyan Lattimore | ILB Hometown: Athens, GA

Cedar Shoals High School

Position rank: ILB # 13

Ht: 6'0" Wt: 226

Last Updated:1/27/2009 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Evaluation / Notes On the Trail / Features

Status

Undeclared

Scouts Grade

Evaluation

Lattimore plays the game fast and physical from his inside linebacker position and projects to be very productive at the next level. Lacks ideal height but is thickly-built and his body is long enough to still add 10-15 pounds of lean muscle to help handle the punishment between the tackles at the next level. Gets a great jump on the football and fills hard and aggressive. Mirrors ball carriers well and displays above average laterally mobility. Does a good job sifting through the trash and hitting the small cutback creases for a thicker LB. Flashes a good burst when he finds an open seam to the ball carrier. Uses hands well and displays good upper-body strength shedding and keeping blockers off his body when scrapping off-tackle. Has great chase speed and pursues fast sideline-to-sideline with a relentless motor. Closes fast with good acceleration. Explosive on his final steps of contact and brings good pop as a tackler. Can tackle high at times but displays raw upper-body strength and strong hands tossing down ball carriers. However, he is more effective attacking vertically and can pursue a bit stiff and rigid laterally. Struggles redirecting in space and is not real flexible with marginal bend. Can slip the cutoff when he gets a great jump on the ball but struggles when linemen reach him. Tends to open his whole body to the cutoff and can get knocked off his pursuit. Leverage is a concern at the point of attack. Needs to polish up his pass coverage technique and work on hips and turns. With that said, Lattimore is a tough middle run stuffer who can provide good range off-tackle and possesses all the physical tools for a college linebacker coach to mold into a good one. Plays with the relentless motor sought-after in a college MLB prospect and should also shine on special teams.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=64253&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d64253%26season%3d2009

So, who is NEXT to verbal OR get bumped off?

• With signing day Feb. 4, a few UM oral commitments besides Bryce Brown are said to be considering other options, including Fort Pierce defensive tackle Luther Robinson (UF and UCF in the mix, but UM remains optimistic) and Pace High defensive back Kayvon Webster (said he's looking at UM, USF, West Virginia).

Besides getting recent oral commitments from Georgia linebacker ShayonGreen and Delaware right tackle Malcolm Bunche, UM is optimistic about luring Cleveland offensive tackle Marcus Hall and Jacksonville linebacker Sam Barrington.

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/875305.html

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So, who is NEXT to verbal OR get bumped off?

• With signing day Feb. 4, a few UM oral commitments besides Bryce Brown are said to be considering other options, including Fort Pierce defensive tackle Luther Robinson (UF and UCF in the mix, but UM remains optimistic) and Pace High defensive back Kayvon Webster (said he's looking at UM, USF, West Virginia).

Besides getting recent oral commitments from Georgia linebacker ShayonGreen and Delaware right tackle Malcolm Bunche, UM is optimistic about luring Cleveland offensive tackle Marcus Hall and Jacksonville linebacker Sam Barrington.

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/875305.html

I woiuld not be surprised if Atkins gets bumped.  If anyone pulls the trigger before signing day i would think it would be Pierre-Paul.  The rest of the guys i see announcing on signing day.

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

True, Sam looks good too.  But Atkins seems to be a really good athlete.  I don't know if he's having grade issues but I like his measurables, 6-5/225/4.70..

The one guy i'm not in love with is Nicholas.  I think the staff might be doing Stephen a favor on him. 

Another one bites the dust.

Shane Gordon gave a verbal to Pitt.

• Content Count:  5,241

We picked up Lattimore at LB, he's been high on us for a while.

• Content Count:  15

Tyrone Williams is apparently not signing with us next week.  Get one LB, lose another. 

• Content Count:  557

Gordon just commited to pitt per rivals.........

True, Sam looks good too.  But Atkins seems to be a really good athlete.  I don't know if he's having grade issues but I like his measurables, 6-5/225/4.70..

The one guy i'm not in love with is Nicholas.  I think the staff might be doing Stephen a favor on him. 

Don't sell Ivan short:

All-First Coast Football

First team

Defense

Linebacker Ivan Nicholas Lee Sr.

Comment: Finished with 84 tackles and made huge plays (three sacks, two punt blocks, two fumble recoveries and 12 tackles for a loss).

Linebacker Sam Barrington Parker Sr.

Comment: Great athlete who recorded 109 tackles and showed his agility as a 1,200-yard rusher with 17 touchdowns.

All-First Coast Football

Second team

Offense

WR Lamar Scruggs Fletcher Sr.

CRITERIA

The Times-Union recognizes the area's top high school athletes this week by publishing the All-First Coast teams for the fall season. The sports staff selects the teams after nominations are solicited from area coaches. Selections were made based on nominations, the staff's observations throughout the season, the players' performances and statistics, and the quality of the teams

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/high_school/2008-12-27/all_first_coast_football

Archived