• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the drama?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FWIW, PURDUE has gotten more verbals from Floida HS players THIS year than any other non Florida school. They already had 12 such verbals as of yesterday, but one just decommitted and changed over to Miami after visiting there.

They already landed a few guys who we wanted.

http://usf.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2009&School=64

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

I know what you guys are saying.  I am trying to stay positive as well, just cautious at the same time.  But I wouldn't fault the staff for f'in it up since this is new to them, as well as us.  We will know very soon. Godspeed!

• Content Count:  5,241

We are out of the running for Scruggs,  :-[  Were his number 4 school

But We might get JPP, greyshirt Sager then.

And possibly Hosley and Griffin as well. Which means we'll probably greyshirt one more person.

Im thinking Lattimore or Barrington will go elsewhere since we have too many commits as is

• Content Count:  3,403

We are out of the running for Scruggs,  :-[  We're his number 4 school

according to who?

• Content Count:  622

according to who?

This does not help either..

WR Lamar Scruggs (6-4 212) of Jacksonville, FL is down to a final two of USC and Ole Miss, his coach said Monday afternoon.

"He wants to play in the SEC," Joe Reynolds said. "Ole Miss is sort of a dark horse but he likes their coaching staff. I think it's been South Carolina all along but I don't know. One of his best friends is committed to Ole Miss."

USC head coach Steve Spurrier and receivers coach Steve Spurrier Jr. are to make their in-home visit with Scruggs Tuesday.

Scruggs visited Illinois over the weekend and Illini head coach Ron Zook plans to come in Wednesday.

http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/664188.html

That was an update from last night so it looks like he is down to USC/Ole Miss.

• Content Count:  557

according to who?

WR Lamar Scruggs (6-4 212) of Jacksonville, FL is down to a final two of USC and Ole Miss, his coach said Monday afternoon.

"He wants to play in the SEC," Joe Reynolds said. "Ole Miss is sort of a dark horse but he likes their coaching staff. I think it's been South Carolina all along but I don't know. One of his best friends is committed to Ole Miss."

USC head coach Steve Spurrier and receivers coach Steve Spurrier Jr. are to make their in-home visit with Scruggs Tuesday.

Scruggs visited Illinois over the weekend and Illini head coach Ron Zook plans to come in Wednesday.

That sucks. I was hoping we could pull him in....... but oh well lets go get griffin!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

according to who?

That same site said Tommy Streeter was going to be a gamecock last season if im not mistaken............

• Content Count:  622

Idk.. Just reporting what I found with quotes from the kids Head Coach..

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Idk.. Just reporting what I found with quotes from the kids Head Coach..

Im just letting you know the source could be questionable and may have an SEC bias.  Also coaches aren't always heavily involved in a kids decisions making process and will often say things to hype their program.  I do think he ends up a gamecock however. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It appears that both Kayvon Webster and Sterling Griffin will anounce their college decisions on signing day.

Why would Kayvon have to "announce" his decision since he's already a Miami (soft) verbal? If he really is going to Miami, then he should just confirm that. It wouldn't be at all dramatic if he ends up choosing Miami.

Griffin is deciding between USF and Purdue, so I can more readily understand his case for waiting to announce.

Of course, Derrick Hopkins is already a solid USF verbal.

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a hunch they will ALL end up wearing USF hats at the signing ceremony and play both football and run track together in college.

My HUNCH paid off!  ;D  ;D  ;D

6a00d8341c2c7653ef0105370c8f40970b-800wi

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2009/02/kayvon-webster-arrives-in-usf-pullover.html

Archived