• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the drama?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It appears that both Kayvon Webster and Sterling Griffin will anounce their college decisions on signing day.

Why would Kayvon have to "announce" his decision since he's already a Miami (soft) verbal? If he really is going to Miami, then he should just confirm that. It wouldn't be at all dramatic if he ends up choosing Miami.

Griffin is deciding between USF and Purdue, so I can more readily understand his case for waiting to announce.

Of course, Derrick Hopkins is already a solid USF verbal.

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a hunch they will ALL end up wearing USF hats at the signing ceremony and play both football and run track together in college.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I would lose my **** if that happened but at the same time schollys are becoming scarce.  It's going to be really interesting to see how everything plays out. 

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

That would be awesome and make headlines.  The problem is what to do with everyone.  As I see it we are about 3 or 4 commits away from having to grayshirt kids (and thats with Hill and Kelly out of the picture).  And i'm not even considering the 85 team limit.  According to greg, we're in a tough spot with that.

That would be awesome and make headlines.  The problem is what to do with everyone.  As I see it we are about 3 or 4 commits away from having to grayshirt kids (and thats with Hill and Kelly out of the picture).  And i'm not even considering the 85 team limit.  According to greg, we're in a tough spot with that.

You just gotta hope CJL  knows something about some of our players transferring that we don't. If all this happens i don't know who gets left out in the cold or who we will attempt to grey shirt.  If we get more commits than we can handle i could see some kids being forced to jump ship at the last minute if they don't wanna gray shirt.  Hopefully CJL has it all figured out. 

Honestly, I will consider this class a huge success even if we don't get anymore commits.  For example, I love Scruggs but if we don't get him I know we'll be just fine.   Per greg we are lopsided towards offensive schollies so at this point I'll be happy with just JPP, Hosley, and a LB, then next year we can focus on offense.  I hope the coaches aren't getting too greedy. 

keep in mind, they aren't used to having so much high level interest in the program so they may be operating like in years past.  They may need to adjust their strategy going forward, more like a major program: Only offer the kids you really want until crunch time cuz you know they'll still be there waiting for the offer.

• Content Count:  622

Honestly, I will consider this class a huge success even if we don't get anymore commits.  For example, I love Scruggs but if we don't get him I know we'll be just fine.   Per greg we are lopsided towards offensive schollies so at this point I'll be happy with just JPP, Hosley, and a LB, then next year we can focus on offense.  I hope the coaches aren't getting too greedy. 

keep in mind, they aren't used to having so much high level interest in the program so they may be operating like in years past.  They may need to adjust their strategy going forward, more like a major program: Only offer the kids you really want until crunch time cuz you know they'll still be there waiting for the offer.

Very true KB. That would be awesome getting the 3 of them though. I think we might get Griffin though..idk. Just feels like it. Then Hosley may feel he should go with his teammates. Like a Northwestern/UM or Lakeland/UF scenario in a smaller scale. I mean Purdue is a good school but just seems like he would pick us. I know a local kid at Pasco - Ath. Josh Johnson is going to Purdue too. So who knows. Just thinking about it. It should be interesting.

Very true KB. That would be awesome getting the 3 of them though. I think we might get Griffin though..idk. Just feels like it. Then Hosley may feel he should go with his teammates. Like a Northwestern/UM or Lakeland/UF scenario in a smaller scale. I mean Purdue is a good school but just seems like he would pick us. I know a local kid at Pasco - Ath. Josh Johnson is going to Purdue too. So who knows. Just thinking about it. It should be interesting.

Shark, I would love to have Scruggs and/or Griffin but I just don't have complete confidence that the staff has handled the situation correctly.  After all, it is the first time they've gotten the majority of the guys they've wanted.  I'd rather they play it safe than get mud on the programs face.  Maybe i'm over worried.  I know that Miami signed like 36 players last year but I don't know what their situation was.  If we push some guys to next year via grayshirt then we may miss out on some really good recruits in 2010.

Griffins dad went to Purdue but he has also been quoted as saying the final decision is Sterling's to make. 

• Content Count:  622

Oh I know and agree 100%. It is a messy situation now. I hope they have a plan to deal with it. I mean the staff should have forseen it and they were still out and about last week recruiting everywhere. I am just optimistic I guess but if not...could tick off Coaches and players and it could hurt us in the future. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

But like you said earlier: Griffin or Scruggs with Hosley and a good LB and we should be set.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I to am honestly a bit scarred, but in Jim I trust. Honestly, I would rather be in this position than not being able to get the talent we are reelin in tho!

Archived