• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Commit WR Difton Switches to UConn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If CJL doesn't get a commit from Scruggs or Griffin, does he go after Difton at the last minute?

It sounds like he is settling on UConn.  How many kids from FL grow up dreaming of playing college football in Conn?

And to make the comments about USF right after he committed to UConn.  I bet he regrets pulling his commit from USF.

I doubt that we would go back to Difton, just on principle. IF we have an extra scholarship to give out to another WR, I think we'd sign a JUCO who originally committed to USF, like Josh Bellamy or Ishmael Grant. Either guy woulld be capable of playing right away.

Scruggs gave a verbal to South Carolina, according to Rivals.

Another WR possibility is Faron Hornes. He is a JUCO teammate of Theliar and has been a long time USF prospect since HS. Greg has mentioned him previously. He supposedly has a USF offer, but he says he wants to wait:

Faron Hornes (Southeast, Butler CC WR) -- Offered by USF but says he wants to wait. The WR/PR played a key role in Butler's National JuCo championship.

Edgard Theliar (Manatee, Butler CC WR) -- Solid commitment to the University of South Florida.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090127/ARTICLE/901270337/2050/SPORTS?Title=Area_recruits_finalizing_moves

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

Scruggs gave a verbal to South Carolina, according to Rivals.

Another WR possibility is Faron Hornes. He is a JUCO teammate of Theliar and has been a long time USF prospect since HS. Greg has mentioned him previously. He supposedly has a USF offer, but he says he wants to wait:

Faron Hornes (Southeast, Butler CC WR) -- Offered by USF but says he wants to wait. The WR/PR played a key role in Butler's National JuCo championship.

Edgard Theliar (Manatee, Butler CC WR) -- Solid commitment to the University of South Florida.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090127/ARTICLE/901270337/2050/SPORTS?Title=Area_recruits_finalizing_moves

I'd have to think that its either Griffins or no one for WR at this point.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

same here KB, they are runnin out of spots, so i dont think they are to worried about finding another receiver after Griffin

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

same here KB, they are runnin out of spots, so i dont think they are to worried about finding another receiver after Griffin

Well we are in FL the state that seems to produce many quality WR's every year.  Other than a few of the top tier guys this was a bit of a down year for WR's in the state IMO. 

Archived