• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LOTS OF TALENT STILL LEFT !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What makes you think Scruggs will come here? Rivals says he named his top 2 and they are Ole Miss and South Carolina.

Scruggs like us, Mom likes South Carolina.  There was a free link to that effect a week ago.  Those were the words from his high school coach.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Leavitt and his assistants spent a fair amount of time Monday with Fletcher High coach Joe Reynolds, who has been coaching at Fletcher since 1976 and knows the area's talent well. Naturally, they talked about Fletcher receiver Lamar Scruggs, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound standout who is a four-star recruit according to Rivals.com.

Scruggs visited USF two weekends ago, then visited Mississippi last weekend, with visits scheduled for Illinois (where Ron Zook targets Jacksonville heavily) and South Carolina. "I think it's between South Florida and South Carolina," Reynolds said of his receiver's future. "I think he's leaning to South Florida, but he's not the only one making the decision."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/01/new-oc-leavitt.html

WR Lamar Scruggs (6-4 212) of Jacksonville, FL made an official visit to South Florida last weekend his coach said Wednesday night. "He said he had a great time and he met all these pretty girls," Joe Reynolds said. That was the first official visit for Scruggs who will visit Ole Miss this weekend. He also will visit USC and Illinois over the final two weekends of the month though his coach wasn't sure which visit falls on which weekend. Scruggs is down to those four after rejecting an overture from Miami according to his coach. "His mom says it's his decision as long as he goes to South Carolina," Reynolds said. "He's going out of his way not to say which is a favorite."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090115/PSPORTS02/901150986

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

CoverTwo

2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200

Re: Lamar Scruggs Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USF coaches are having their in home with Scruggs this week before he visits Cola..Apparantly, Lamar likes USF but his mom wants him to go to USC..The USF coaches are visiting strictly to change his mom's mind.

He isnt in the bag yet.

CoverTwo

View Public Profile

Send a private message to CoverTwo

Find More Posts by CoverTwo

Today, 02:53 PM    #168 

USCBASEBALL1

2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100714

Re: Lamar Scruggs Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo 

USF coaches are having their in home with Scruggs this week before he visits Cola..Apparantly, Lamar likes USF but his mom wants him to go to USC..The USF coaches are visiting strictly to change his mom's mind.

He isnt in the bag yet.

According to some in the know he likes USF but he wants to play in the SEC. Not saying that he cannot change his mind but its evident that if he had to choose today we would be his choice.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?p=1456399

• Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

wow thats great news, i had completely written him off, thanks for the update

if we could get Hosley, Scruggs, and JPP this class will easily be top 25

• Content Count:  3,403

I definitely hope we land Holsey... our secondary needs help (specifically the corner play)  Not just for this coming year (which is the immediate need), but long term depth as well.  That is why JPP isn't so much a need... we have so many good/great DE's right now... but have no replacement for Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams out there (yet)... Q. Washington looks like he'll fit the bill... but that is one side, and last I checked, there are 2  ;)

You don't like Jerome Murphy?  George Baker and Tyson Butler could step up as well.

Hosley has been the guy I wanted USF to get the most for quite some time, though.

• Content Count:  849

I definitely hope we land Holsey... our secondary needs help (specifically the corner play)  Not just for this coming year (which is the immediate need), but long term depth as well.  That is why JPP isn't so much a need... we have so many good/great DE's right now... but have no replacement for Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams out there (yet)... Q. Washington looks like he'll fit the bill... but that is one side, and last I checked, there are 2  ;)

You don't like Jerome Murphy?  George Baker and Tyson Butler could step up as well.

Hosley has been the guy I wanted USF to get the most for quite some time, though.

Who are the so many Good/Great DE's that we have? We have Selvie and Marshall and then who else? Giddens is not on campus yet and you gotta understand that he's unproven against D-1 competition and he will need time to add bulk to his 6'3 1/2" frame. JuJu is on his way to redshirt, Demi Thompson and Luke Sager are on their way too.

Bedford should be good now that he will have had a year to adjust to the rigors of D-1 BCS football but he still has to prove it

Landing JPP would be a huge boost to our d-line because of his versatility to play tackle and end

The reason our pass defense was so poor last year was the lack of a consistent pass rush, Mike and Trae benefited from that tremendously. D-line is very important

Who are the

• Content Count:  622

3-A All State Team

Both are on First Team Defense

DB Kayvon Webster, Miami Pace, 5-11/190, Sr.

UT Sterling Griffin, Miami Pace, 6-1/175, Sr.

• Content Count:  4,016

Who are the so many Good/Great DE's that we have? We have Selvie and Marshall and then who else? Giddens is not on campus yet and you gotta understand that he's unproven against D-1 competition and he will need time to add bulk to his 6'3 1/2" frame. JuJu is on his way to redshirt, Demi Thompson and Luke Sager are on their way too.

Bedford should be good now that he will have had a year to adjust to the rigors of D-1 BCS football but he still has to prove it

Landing JPP would be a huge boost to our d-line because of his versatility to play tackle and end

The reason our pass defense was so poor last year was the lack of a consistent pass rush, Mike and Trae benefited from that tremendously. D-line is very important

Who are the

Giddens will contribute heavily as a freshman.  Bank it.  But that aside JPP brings some versatility.

Archived