• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LOTS OF TALENT STILL LEFT !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

We have put together an amazing class so far . There is still a bunch of talent left for us to get .

I highlighted the players in Green, that I think will sign with the BULLS ! (S) = Scout, ( R ) = Rivals .

____NAME______POS__S___R

J.PIERRE-PAUL_____DL___5*___4*

D.LATTIMORE_____LB____3*___3*

S. BARRINGTON___LB____3*___3*

M.MARRY________LB____3*___3*

K.WEBSTER______SS____3*___3*

S.GORDON_______LB____3*___3*

L.SCRUGGS______WR____3*___4*

J.HOSLEY_______DB_____3*___4*

S.GRIFFIN_______WR____3*___3*

J.BELLAMY______WR____3*___3*

M.LANG_________SS____2*___2*

Josh Bellamy might be off the board .

JPP, would be a very nice addition to a already LOADED DL  class .

I hope we can finish with 2 WRs and 2 LBers .

I think Hosley is a LOCK .

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I wouldn't get too excited yet. Not only is there a yearly scholarship limit of 25, but a total team limit of 85. So, we would have our hands full trying to find room for all of them, even if some took a greyshirt and some didn't qualify. Plus, we have to save a schollie for Daron Rose. Rutgers just shipped off a bunch of players to URI in order to make room on their roster. With our low APR, I'm not sure if we have the luxury of forcing many guys to leave:

Per Greg's blog this morning:

With 64 kids back, that leaves USF with only 21 scholarships available for the fall, but more room could be cleared out by standard offseason turnover of players transferring to smaller schools or otherwise moving on.

The full blog entry is at the link below:

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/01/doing-the-math.html

Every year we have a few transfer out and a few that we have to sign and place . Well have a few take a Grey shirt as well . I think we will land  few off that list .

We still need 1 or 2 Lbers, at least 1 more WR, another CB and Hosley is too good to pass up, ditto for JPP . The staff will find a way . I almost forgot, the staff is still on the road making in home visit, they know how many ships we have, as well as our number of commits. If they are still on the road trying to land guys, I trust they will find a way to make them a part of this class .

Every year we have a few transfer out and a few that we have to sign and place . Well have a few take a Grey shirt as well . I think we will land  few off that list .

We still need 1 or 2 Lbers, at least 1 more WR, another CB and Hosley is too good to pass up, ditto for JPP . The staff will find a way . I almost forgot, the staff is still on the road making in home visit, they know how many ships we have, as well as our number of commits. If they are still on the road trying to land guys, I trust they will find a way to make them a part of this class .

I just wanted to make note note of what Greg said to be mindful that we need to find room for all of them without further jeopardizing our APR and that's not going to be easy. I also would like to add all of the guys you mentioned, if it's possible.

I'm sure that Leavitt has a pretty good idea about who is leaving and can count. Perhaps, he knows that the USF academic committe overseeing recruiting will throw out some of the guys who have already given us a verbal before signing day, like they did last year.

• Content Count:  849

I just wanted to make note note of what Greg said to be mindful that we need to find room for all of them without further jeopardizing our APR and that's not going to be easy. I also would like to add all of the guys you mentioned, if it's possible.

I'm sure that Leavitt has a pretty good idea about who is leaving and can count. Perhaps, he knows that the USF academic committe overseeing recruiting will throw out some of the guys who have already given us a verbal before signing day, like they did last year.

APR doesn't get affected as long as the players graduate from the school they transfer to

• Content Count:  5,241

IM thinking there will be a couple grey shirts ( the 2 star commits) and a lot of transfers on the defensive line side.

I gotcha !

• Content Count:  1,240

What makes you think Scruggs will come here? Rivals says he named his top 2 and they are Ole Miss and South Carolina.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I definitely hope we land Holsey... our secondary needs help (specifically the corner play)  Not just for this coming year (which is the immediate need), but long term depth as well.  That is why JPP isn't so much a need... we have so many good/great DE's right now... but have no replacement for Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams out there (yet)... Q. Washington looks like he'll fit the bill... but that is one side, and last I checked, there are 2  ;)

I definitely hope we land Holsey... our secondary needs help (specifically the corner play)  Not just for this coming year (which is the immediate need), but long term depth as well.  That is why JPP isn't so much a need... we have so many good/great DE's right now... but have no replacement for Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams out there (yet)... Q. Washington looks like he'll fit the bill... but that is one side, and last I checked, there are 2  ;)

I couldn't agree more with you.

Hosley is the ONLY one I am counting on, because he has pretty much said that he's going to be signing with USF. Of course that could change, but he is far and away the most likely of everyone left.

Hosley was planning on taking visits to Ohio State and Michigan, but those plans have changed. Hosley just returned from a visit to South Florida and, unless Virginia Tech can sway Hosley on his trip there the final weekend before signing day, look for Hosley to ink his letter-of-intent with South Florida, which would be a huge commitment for coach Jim Leavitt.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm/sfl-flsppbrecruit25pnjan25,0,6142342.story

Archived