• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Akeem Richmond 6'0 G

Guest AstroBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Something that did scare me last night was all of the turnovers, the unforced ones especially. Im thinking that a lot of this will be fixed with Verdejo's return, but scary none the less

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

But I think Belardo's game is going to be similar to DoJo... seriously.

Wow. I can't even believe I saw that.

• Content Count:  19,229

But I think Belardo's game is going to be similar to DoJo... seriously.

Wow. I can't even believe I saw that.

Man, I love how people take things out of context... re-read the thread... how is it crazy to say two peole can have similar styles of games and not say the lesser player is going to be a superstar?  All i said is their styles are the same... Belardo likes to drive and has a good outside shot.  He has the ability to create for others and create his own shot.  Watch the videos... watch his limited minutes... that is how he plays.  Will he be like DoJo.. a dominant player... not likely.... but he can be an energy role player for us.  Geez.  I can't believe I have to explain this twice in the same thread.  It is no different than someone watching Grothe in his first game and saying wow... he seems like a fran tarkenton type player.  It doesn't mean he will be an NFL hall of famer... just that he is an elusive qb that is a threat with his feet.    :P  :D

Something that did scare me last night was all of the turnovers, the unforced ones especially. Im thinking that a lot of this will be fixed with Verdejo's return, but scary none the less

There were a lot of dumb turnovers.  They were from lazy passing mostly.  BJ Daniels was the main culprit.  I think Leemow did it once.  Eladio did it a couple times.  Even Jones did it once.  They happened all during Depauls comeback from the half time deficit.  I think it was mainly a mental wall they had to fight through and they did. 

So many young guys on the floor... i can see how it happened... hopefully the coach gets on them about seeing the floor better and making sharp passes.

Man, I love how people take things out of context... re-read the thread... how is it crazy to say two peole can have similar styles of games and not say the lesser player is going to be a superstar?  All i said is their styles are the same... Belardo likes to drive and has a good outside shot.  He has the ability to create for others and create his own shot.  Watch the videos... watch his limited minutes... that is how he plays.  Will he be like DoJo.. a dominant player... not likely.... but he can be an energy role player for us.

Velcro, I knew what you meant. I only highlighted your statement because I couldn't believe I read it at first.

I don't need to watch old videos to know that Belardo shouldn't be seeing the floor unless we're in a situation of injuries, the game is a blowout, or guys who have fouled out. His minutes against Louisville really mean nothing because the game was over and Louisville had their bench in the game as well. His minutes against DePaul were the ones I had more interest in. The game was close, DePaul had their starters in, and Leemow had 2 fouls. Belardo's drive to the hoop was comical at best. When he had the ball and DePaul's D backed off of him he made no attempt to penetrate, which showed even more hesitancy than his drive to the hoop where he went recklessly off balance and took a horrible shot.

I agree that we need energy guys off of the bench and I feel that Leemow provides that more than Belardo does. I just do not see a similar style of play to DoJo regardless off the drop off in talent level.

The hesitency is due to being a true freshman.  Look how he played in the final few minutes vs Louisville.  Completely different.  He knew it was his time.  It is just a confidence level now. 

We'll see.  If leemow does what he did last game for the rest of the year, just from an energy stand point, he'll be #1 off the bench and start in place of an injured Verdejo.  Can't argue with how important he was with those 6 rebounds and timely 3's.  We need points from our bench.  Dojo and Gus can't do it all (well, they probably can, but i wouldn't count on it)

Leemow is a true Freshman as well and you don't see the hesitancy.

Again, I could care less about Belardo's minutes against Louisville because they were garbage minutes. Of course he is going to be looser in a game that was already decided playing against other bench players.

That brings me back to a point we were discussing earlier in the thread concerning incoming players for 2009-2010. We're seeing true freshman get minutes now, so why wouldn't we next season? If Dumars and Noriega are better players, then they should be seeing the floor. Once Crater becomes eligible he'd get the minutes as well.

Leemow is just now getting loose... he wasn't for the first 2 months of the season.

The new guys won't likely be any different Belardo coming in... although from what I read, there isn't a shot Dumars doesn't like.

I just think people are seeing Noriega and Dumars on the list and think they are automatically better than Belardo.  What is that based on?  if you re going to base it on Belardo's hesitency right now... as a true freshman getting his first real PT vs the Big east, what do you compare that to for the other two guys?  You really can't.  You have to compare how they played in HS... and in that case, you have to take Belardo's HS game into comparison too and he was a confident scrappy scorer, similar to DoJo, without the polish we are seeing develop in Jones right before our eyes at supersonic speed.

Time will tell. 

Either Belardo will prove me wrong and disappear due to being squeezed out, or he'll prove me right and we'll have another good role player.  Either way, i don't think we are in bad shape in that position.  We need Compliments to Gus and Eladio bad.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

the last weekend of this month. This info is a few days old but it needed to be posted on here.

It's a paid article so I can't post or paste anything from it.

Richmond plays for Southern Lee HS in NC. He averaged 33pts, 8assists, and 4steals per game. He also is a 98% FT shooter, yes that's right 98% :clap

He is one of the greatest scorers in the history of the state of North Carolina, finishing 2nd to JamesOn Curry with 2946 points.

He's also a great athlete and a very confident kid as well. I don't see him having a problem wanting to come in and compete with the rest of the guards we have. In fact he could be better then any of the incoming group. If he was to sign with us he would play a lot of PG and see time as Jones backup.

Heath and Richmond have known each other for a while now too.

There is also a Big Man scheduled to visit USF the last of the month but I don't know who that is right now.idontknow.gif

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Vega, the big man visiting is the Croatian from LaLumiere Academy in LaPorte, IN, Sandy Marcius.  He is 6' 10" 240.  He plays for Del Ray Brooks there.  I believe he averaged 17 pts and 11 rebounds this past season.  I believe Greg A. has mentioned him a time or two in his blog.

Normal

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Vega, the big man visiting is the Croatian from LaLumiere Academy in LaPorte, IN, Sandy Marcius.  He is 6' 10" 240.  He plays for Del Ray Brooks there.  I believe he averaged 17 pts and 11 rebounds this past season.  I believe Greg A. has mentioned him a time or two in his blog.

Normal

Famous is scheduled to be in too.

Archived