• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF have the best recuiting class in the BE this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Can you count all four January enrollment's towards last year's class? I thought there was a maximum number allowed of only two, but I could be wrong about that. I know we had one January enrollment, Anthony Hill, and had another scholarship to give out which we could have counted towards last year, but the JUCO OL we were hoping to land, Jamar Bass, decided to go elsewhere at the last minute.

That's a good question: can you count all 4?  I'll try to find the rule on that one. Btw, the 4 players who enrolled at RU early kind of balance out as it turns out the total players transferring to U. of Rhode Island is 4.  All 4 transfers are enrolled at URI for the spring.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Buffs, thanks for the info. 

The rule is that up to 2 spring enrollees can be counted to the prior class, provided that you did not use all 25 scholarships in the prior class.  We had one enroll already (Anthony Hill) and were hoping one of the JuCos could come in early, but that did not work out.  It's a good way to get a couple extra guys into the class if you were light the year before.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I guess it depends on who you ask. ESPN has us #2, and WVU at #3. But says WVU could be on top by time signing day comes around.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigeast/0-3-111/Early-Big-East-recruiting-class-rankings.html?post=true

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,879

ru will beat us again

pitt will beat us

and wv will beat us

wrong...again

• Content Count:  573

ru will beat us again

pitt will beat us

and wv will beat us

wrong...again

Who exactly is "us"?  As far as I know your not a usf fan so don't refer to yourself as one.  I didn't read a single post from you that was even somewhat excited about this recruiting class.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

seems like wv and ru beat usf out this year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

This whole recruiting class ranking argument is inane.  First, I read various so-called "recruiting expert" sites that ranked Ruters, West Virginia and USF at about a dead heat in recruiting and only one that ranked Rutgers above USF.  That said, recruiting rankings are meaningless until (1) the recruits actually play and (2) we see how those recruits perform in the scheme they are given.  Given what I have seen and read, it appears to me USF had a much better recruiting class than in past years.  Now the coaches have to make them work with the players we already have and design offensive and defensive strategies that play to these players' strengths and away from their weaknesses.  In light of what we saw last year, I am not overly confident that the that the coaching staff will pull this all together immediately.  The top teams in the Big East suffered some significant personnel losses and I still say we have enough talent to win the Big East.  It is now up to the coaches to make it happen.   

Archived