• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF have the best recuiting class in the BE this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

No.  WVU has a lot of stars committed, possibly their best ranking ever.  RU and Pitt also have good classes.  We might finish 2d but it would require us to pretty much hit everyone on our board.  RU class is pretty full, not much more they can go up.  Pitt class is small right now but I do not know how many scholarships they have to give this year.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

2nd is a possibility.  I don't think we can catch WVU, but hey, anything is possible.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

ru will beat us again

pitt will beat us

and wv will beat us

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

ru will beat us again

pitt will beat us

and wv will beat us

Also a good possibility.  Hopefully Giddens is a catalyst and not the plateau.

• Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Different recruiting services have different teams within the BE on top.  Rivals has WVU in the top 25 and not one else.  Scout.com has WVU at in the top 20 with Rutges at #26 and USF at #31.  ESPN has Rutgers at #17 and USF #24.  Btw, RU is expecting to take 2 or 3 more verbals for the '09 class. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Buffs who are your big targets left?

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

it is sad usf isnt #1 hands down

• Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Buffs who are your big targets left?

Malcolm Bunche (3* 18th OT on scout), Justin Brown (4* 10th WR on scout) and Kadlil Wilkes (3* 19th G on scout).  Bunch is down to Rutgers and Miami, Brown is down to RU and Penn St. while Wilkes is down to RU, Stanford and Wake Forest.  Bunche original committed to RU then back away, but has rescheduled a visit this weekend.  The coordinator situation at Miami has him considering RU the favorite again.  Penn St. fans claimed Brown (who visits RU this weekend 1/23) was suppose to commit this past Monday (1/18), but a few problems have surfaced.  Kersey (3* RU de-commit) has committed to Penn St. and PSU had made it clear they would take one or the other, but not both due to schollie crunch.  RU is pretty much said the same.  RU knew Kersey was gone when Hodges switch his commitment to from RU to Penn St.  They were a package deal.  Brown is the one RU has been after for some time.  RU got commitments from 3 of his close friends setting the stage for Brown.  All 4 played together from Pop Warner up thru HS for a short time.  All have give statements about wanting to play together again.  They are Harmon (4* 15th CB on scout) and the Merril twins. One twin is a 3* DE (once a 4* 2 months ago) and the other is a 3* WR/S.  Wilkes is a long shot even though his father played for Rutgers.  Wilkes isn't looking for football as a meal ticket, but more as a means to further his education.

I know people were saying RU was close to reaching their schollie limit with 21 commits.  That's was the number tossed around by a lot of people.  4 have enrolled early and can be counted against last year's class which was a small class of 17.  I believe Schiano held some schollie for the chance to get better players at a later date.  In the past Schiano would give some schollie away to kids who might not be solid 1A material just to have a full class.  Now with recruiting improving by a wide margin lately he no longer has to give them away.  Competition is tougher now and a few of the boardline kids are transferring out to U. of Rhode Island.  The coach there is the former assistant HC for RU under Schiano.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

"I know people were saying RU was close to reaching their schollie limit with 21 commits.  That's was the number tossed around by a lot of people.  4 have enrolled early and can be counted against last year's class which was a small class of 17."

Can you count all four January enrollment's towards last year's class? I thought there was a maximum number allowed of only two, but I could be wrong about that. I know we had one January enrollment, Anthony Hill, and had another scholarship to give out which we could have counted towards last year, but the JUCO OL we were hoping to land, Jamar Bass, decided to go elsewhere at the last minute.

Archived