• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We just lost OL Zack Chibane to... ..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Syracuse.... all 6'4 285 pounds of em.. ****.

Rivals: "Syracuse picked up their second verbal commitment for new head coach Doug Marrone. This time the Orangemen turned offensive line prospect Zack Chibane. Chibane, 6-4 and 285 pounds, had previously been committed to South Florida."

http://flavarsity.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=957&script=content.asp&cid=897914&fid=&tid=&mid=

• Content Count:  5,241

Losing a nobody OL to syracuse cant be a good sign  :'(

• Content Count:  1,757

Hes from up there, and didnt get many offers, he probably wants to stay closer to home.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Chibane was likely headedd for a greyshirt here.  Meaning he would have had to pay his own way for a semester, which as an out-of-stater would be expensive.  He will probably be on scholly at Syracuse from day one given that they have less than 10 commits as of today.

Right now we have Daron Rose (transfer from FSU via HCC, former 4-star), Kamran Joyer (3star), John McGhin and Kendall Kelly (3star) commited for the OL.  We need a JUCO tackle.  We are after a few other linemen as well.  I don't chalk up the loss to be anything more than the loss of a project lineman.  Not irreplaceable.

• Content Count:  4,016

yeah, the kid was a plan C or D, and committed nearly the moment he got the offer...probably to the shock of our staff.  They were planning to gray shirt him, and then re-recruit him in the fall...he chose to sign on and enroll at Syracuse immediately.  Good luck to him, not our loss.

• Content Count:  637

It's always a loss to lose a decent OL prospect.

Though, I can't say I'm surprised. I wonder if Rutgers will come knocking and if he'll decommit again?

• Content Count:  4,016

I suppose but calling him decent is a stretch...on a plus it lets you know where Da Cuse is, willing to give anything to get a lower tier recruit from us.

I agree - he probably would have been a project. But it doesn't help that there was a headline on rivals showing us losing a commit to Syracuse... We will be fine. I was just posting what I saw.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I agree - he probably would have been a project. But it doesn't help that there was a headline on rivals showing us losing a commit to Syracuse... We will be fine. I was just posting what I saw.

Shark we should have some big news the next couple days.  The volume and quality of visitors at USF today is very high.

Love to hear it! I just got back from Daytona Beach. We had the FACA Coaching Clinic up there.

Coach Simmonds came in place of Coach Leavitt who I would guess is seeing the recruits.

Randy Shannon and Bobby Bowden spoke. Shannon went over their special teams at the U. Bobby was awesome. He actually said some cool stuff about USF.. funniest speaker there too. He just bs'ed though telling jokes and stuff.

I had a good time up there- we got wasted at some place called the ocean deck or something last night lol..

Anyway, keep the updates rolling in fellaz!!!

Archived