• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

embarassing season begins to hurt recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I find this thread pretty funny.  Most of the complainers about how this season trashed our recruiting think our recruiting sucks anyways, and has since the beginning of the program.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Yea like Ohio St getting waxed in national championship games hurt their recruiting   that Terrell Pryor guy sure bailed on them -   oops - maybe not.

Or maybe those 5 star USC recruits that manage to choke and lose to Standford and Oregon -  just kills their recruiting.

Best ranked class USF ever had is coming in and yet you clowns still manage to complain about it    ::)

comparing us to ohio state is pathetic

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

thats because our so called best classes, still are competing with other big east classes, and it is showing on the field.

• Content Count:  765

Relax, if you saw the info from the pay sites you would know we have a very good to great class coming in.    Sure we will have one or two stolen, but we will steal a few too.  We have plenty of top talent waiting in the wings hoping that phone will ring, so they can be Bulls.  Anyone that thinks our recruiting is poor is just clueless.

Sometimes the season is not everything you hoped for, but it is still great to be a four straight bowls Bull and I'm actually thankful that I don't have to travel cross country again this year.  Nice to have a break. 

I will support the St. Pete bowl even if USF is elsewhere.  It is local and a Big East team will be playing in it.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Relax, if you saw the info from the pay sites you would know we have a very good to great class coming in.    Sure we will have one or two stolen, but we will steal a few too.   We have plenty of top talent waiting in the wings hoping that phone will ring, so they can be Bulls.  Anyone that thinks our recruiting is poor is just clueless.

Sometimes the season is not everything you hoped for, but it is still great to be a four straight bowls Bull and I'm actually thankful that I don't have to travel cross country again this year.   Nice to have a break. 

I will support the St. Pete bowl even if USF is elsewhere.   It is local and a Big East team will be playing in it.

what a bunch of horse crap

our recruiting class will be weak again

• Content Count:  1,894

I dont think most people will say our recruiting class coming is bad, but we havent proven to be getting better players then most other big east schools and these so called lesser star Florida kids are suppose to be better then these other teams. We are still like 4th in the big east in recruiting alone. I think this class will def help in a year or two.

Relax, if you saw the info from the pay sites you would know we have a very good to great class coming in.    Sure we will have one or two stolen, but we will steal a few too.   We have plenty of top talent waiting in the wings hoping that phone will ring, so they can be Bulls.  Anyone that thinks our recruiting is poor is just clueless.

Sometimes the season is not everything you hoped for, but it is still great to be a four straight bowls Bull and I'm actually thankful that I don't have to travel cross country again this year.   Nice to have a break. 

I will support the St. Pete bowl even if USF is elsewhere.   It is local and a Big East team will be playing in it.

what a bunch of horse crap

our recruiting class will be weak again

Not hard to understand your veiw since you are so full of it that's all you can see.  ::)

I dont think most people will say our recruiting class coming is bad, but we havent proven to be getting better players then most other big east schools and these so called lesser star Florida kids are suppose to be better then these other teams. We are still like 4th in the big east in recruiting alone. I think this class will def help in a year or two.

We have plenty of talent, but there are some holes.  From what I'm seeing we will have a serious upgrade.  Also, don't forget that most of last years class has yet to see the field.    Next year we will begin to really learn about last years class.

• Content Count:  667

We have plenty of talent, but there are some holes.   From what I'm seeing we will have a serious upgrade.   Also, don't forget that most of last years class has yet to see the field.    Next year we will begin to really learn about last years class.

Well, the way it's shaping up for us thus far is that we are currently 5th in the Big East and 55th in the nation in recruiting, based on scout.com (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&view=2&yr=2009, click on "BIG EAST)

Last year, we were 55th in the nation in recruiting (based on that link)

Rivals has us 4th in the Big East and 47th overall (thus far)

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2009&Page=2&PosType=0&Sort=0

I'm not sure where you're getting this whole "Serious Upgrade" talk.

We have plenty of talent, but there are some holes.   From what I'm seeing we will have a serious upgrade.   Also, don't forget that most of last years class has yet to see the field.    Next year we will begin to really learn about last years class.

Well, the way it's shaping up for us thus far is that we are currently 5th in the Big East and 55th in the nation in recruiting, based on scout.com (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&view=2&yr=2009, click on "BIG EAST)

Last year, we were 55th in the nation in recruiting (based on that link)

Rivals has us 4th in the Big East and 47th overall (thus far)

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2009&Page=2&PosType=0&Sort=0

I'm not sure where you're getting this whole "Serious Upgrade" talk.

Those rankings are fun to talk about, but they are far from subjective.  Watch what happens to a USF commits rating if they switch to UF.  If you go by those rankings UCF must have a trophy case full of those nifty crystal football trophies and I guess we really lost the last four meetings. 

Serious upgrade comes from looking at who is leaving and who is coming in.  How can you not bring in players like Leslie Stirrups without having a serious upgrade?    How can you not say that a DL that is upgraded so much that Genius and possibly Jackson both move to OL is not a serious upgrade? 

Archived