• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meineke Bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

I think this is the only bowl that USF might get other than St Pete.

Here is why.

Rutgers beats Louisville and that sends Pitt to Sun if it beats UConn.

Looks like Meineke is getting UNC so that counts out Rutgers since it would be a rematch. UConn would also be a rematch.

So that leaves WV or USF.

Since they are getting UNC they wont need huge crowd from the BE rep. So IF USF beats WV theyll choose between an 8-4 USF team with a 2 game winning streak or a WV 7-5 team on a 2 game losing streak

So if you dont want to go to St Pete you must root for:

Rutgers to beat Louisville

Pitt to beat UConn

and the BULLS must beat WV

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

I will be at either one one. But the chance is there.

UConn will probably not have Dixon who just got busdted for drunk driving so Pitt has a good shot at winning.

Rutgers SHOULD beat Louisville.

So that leaves it to the Bulls.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

now that would be a Million times better than the st bete bowl

even though it would be a road game for us.

two 8-4 teams

A quality ACC opponent not a cdoa opponent that is 6-6

better payout from the BE

a game AFTER x-mas

ok...i can dream!

• Content Count:  2,661

Since they are getting UNC they wont need huge crowd from the BE rep.

UNC isn't going to sell out an NFL stadium by itself. UNC and West Virginia, combined, will. And if WVU is unavailable they will probably take Pitt over USF.

And rematches aren't as big a problem as people say. Last year's bowl season had two rematches (Central Michigan-Purdue and BYU-UCLA).

• Content Count:  2,307

BOWL UPDATE: It's very likely that USF will be headed to the inaugural St. Petersburg Bowl on Dec. 20, but Meineke Car Care Bowl officials reiterated Monday that USF would be in play for their game if the Bulls can beat West Virginia on Saturday.

More info on Greg's site: http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

So, like Cubanbull said, IF USF were to go anywhere else, Meineke would be it.  Yes, we know the chances are slim, but there is still a possibility.

• Content Count:  1,894

a usf unc matchup would be big. We have beaten them easily in the past, and they would be looking for revenge. They are much better on defense now, but offensively they are hit or miss.

Would be a good tv game. sounds like a solid possibillity if we can pull off the upset. upset lol. sad, but true.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I am sure this has been hashed and re-hashed, but I don't understand why Meineke and PapaJohns aren't more of a possibility. Assuming Rutgers/Pitt/USF wins this weekend, USF would have the third best overall record @ 8-4. Assuming the Sun doesn't make a deal with the devil to get ND then they would take a 9-3 Pitt over a 7-5 WV right? So why would Meinieke take a 7-5 WV over an 8-4 USF and why would PapaJohns take a 7-5 Rutgers over an 8-4 USF? You might argue that WV travels better to Charlotte than USF, but I can't imagine that Rutgers would travel any better to Birmingham than we would.

And hey I just got my passport, bring on the International bowl >:D

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

we're magic jacking

off?

• Content Count:  209

I am sure this has been hashed and re-hashed, but I don't understand why Meineke and PapaJohns aren't more of a possibility. Assuming Rutgers/Pitt/USF wins this weekend, USF would have the third best overall record @ 8-4. Assuming the Sun doesn't make a deal with the devil to get ND then they would take a 9-3 Pitt over a 7-5 WV right? So why would Meinieke take a 7-5 WV over an 8-4 USF and why would PapaJohns take a 7-5 Rutgers over an 8-4 USF? You might argue that WV travels better to Charlotte than USF, but I can't imagine that Rutgers would travel any better to Birmingham than we would.

And hey I just got my passport, bring on the International bowl >:D

Some of you are in denial over Rutgers.  Look at the bigger picture and it comes down to fan history in bowl games, impact on local economy of the bowl game and possible tv viewers.  Your hate for Rutgers blinds you on the fact Rutgers has traveled better than USF when comparing bowl games.  When USF went to the Meineke Bowl and the Sun Bowl neither time did USF represent itself well with fan support.  I believe both bowl games USF had in the neighborhood of 6K and 4K.  Meanwhile, Rutgers took 12K (allotment of 8K  soldout) to the Insight Bowl which is on the other side of the country.  At the Texas Bowl Rutgers soldout their allotment of 12K and took over 18K to the game.  Last year at the International Bowl Rutgers had over 15K total (allotment of 7K soldout).  That is what bowl committees look at when viewing what each team brings to the local economy and the game.  Also, if you have a national following or offer a large tv market is another factor.  WVU has a national following and Rutgers has a large tv market to offer.

Archived