• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Bulls won the 2 most important games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

There is an outside possibility that if ND does not get that coveted 7th win they may be selected to any one of the 2 other tie in games.

ND, losing to BE Cuse, set them back in everyone's eyes (nationally).

I bullieve that USF is still an outside chance for the Gaytor bowl if we take WVA.

not a chance

usf stinks in a stinky conference

usf isnt even average anymore

Ok I'll ask

can you give us an example of average

is it based on the team record

explain a little I have some free time

Tbbulls, you have some things to learn about Smazza, he never really responds to questions.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

WTF?  won the 2 most important games?  Every **** game is important...we lost important games 4 conference games.

There is not a way USF goes to the Gator Bowl.

I know this sounds smazza like but, after the performance this year Leavitt should turn down any bowl bids.

are you crazy???  there are many teams that have 4 or 5 losses that go to bowl games, a bowl game means many things for a team: 1) more money, 2) more practice time, 3) more publicity for the team.  these are all reasons not to turn down a bowl game, plus you turn down a bowl game and bowl reps won't like you as much anymore.

• Content Count:  13

Yaeh lets be cowards and concede defeat before we play. Thats a great idea. If someone thinks we deserve a bowl than why not take it. I bet RU will be thankfull as hell for a bowl and they would be 6-6 only if they beat louisville. I dont see any reason why anyone would ever turn down a bowl besides what happened to that old buffalo team.

• Content Count:  4,738

Anyone who is anyone knows that Home-comming and Senior Night are the 2 most important games.

A close 3rd is UCF and a 4th (this year) was a tie for Kansas and NC State - payback is a B*$&H!!!

WVA would be the icing on the cake this year.  If we take WVA the Gator Bowl would be a wild card.  They are kinda dying to match us up with FSU; which us USF only backwards.

PMR

FTL.  Ask anyone.  Most will say Rutgers, Cinci, WVu are the most important.  They are our toughest conference foes.  If you want to make homecoming and Senior night the most important, dont schedule the cuse.  uconn is almost up there.

homecoming and senior night are the most important pageantry events.

You are really deluded if you think USF has a shot for the Gator Bowl this year.  They are taking a Big 12 team.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

no way in hell any bowl picks a big east team over big 12 this season.  look at their top tier teams this year

Oklahoma

Texas

Texas Tech

Oklahoma State

Missourri

at best two teams get in the BCS.  the other three are still better than any team in the Big east

Yaeh lets be cowards and concede defeat before we play. Thats a great idea. If someone thinks we deserve a bowl than why not take it. I bet RU will be thankfull as hell for a bowl and they would be 6-6 only if they beat louisville. I dont see any reason why anyone would ever turn down a bowl besides what happened to that old buffalo team.

Why is it members of this board think USF deserves to go to a bowl after the way we have played in conference play?

I am not saying we are cowards by turning down a bowl bid.  I am saying the team needs to understand that the way they have played is NOT deserving of a bowl bid (even in the wins over UCF, Kansas and FIU).  Nobody promised them a freaking rose garden.  Life can be a biatch sometimes.  You don't get everything you want.  Learn to live with. 

Just because someone else thinks we deserve a bowl game doesn't mean we have earned it.  A bowl game is a reward for elling in the past season which USF has not done.

There are 4 big reasons to turn down a bowl bid:

Pittsburg, Louisville, Cincinnati and Rutgers.

• Content Count:  4,501

Why is it members of this board think USF deserves to go to a bowl after the way we have played in conference play?

I am not saying we are cowards by turning down a bowl bid.  I am saying the team needs to understand that the way they have played is NOT deserving of a bowl bid (even in the wins over UCF, Kansas and FIU).  Nobody promised them a freaking rose garden.  Life can be a biatch sometimes.  You don't get everything you want.  Learn to live with. 

Just because someone else thinks we deserve a bowl game doesn't mean we have earned it.  A bowl game is a reward for elling in the past season which USF has not done.

I can not imagine how you will sound when we actualy have a really bad season: 4-8 say.

Exactly the same.  Conference play is vital if it wasn't we would not be in a conference.  Play poorly in conference no rewards.  Plain and simple.  Sometimes life is a *****...learn to accept it and move on.

Were you ever grounded as a kid?  Ever had any privilege taken away? Same thing.

• Content Count:  214

I can not imagine how you will sound when we actualy have a really bad season: 4-8 say.

Exactly the same.  Conference play is vital if it wasn't we would not be in a conference.  Play poorly in conference no rewards.  Plain and simple.  Sometimes life is a *****...learn to accept it and move on.

Were you ever grounded as a kid?  Ever had any privilege taken away? Same thing.

Sounds like you are a fan of cutting off your hand to spite your face.

As far as the reward...you are right, going to bowl games USED TO BE a reward. Now its a necessary part of improving/maintaining your program. Any college football program can certainly use the money that comes from heading to a bowl game. Secondly, if you don't go to a bowl, the football program shuts down the second the clock hits 0:00 at WVU and doesn't begin again til March. If they go to a bowl, they are allowed to practice for 2-3 more weeks, which for this football team is something that is greatly needed.

So say what you want about "not deserving a reward", then tell yourself how disappointed you are in USF for accepting that oh-so-rewarding St.Pete Bowl invite.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

2) More practice time??  Practice without a **** bowl game if practice is a valid reason.

Only teams that make it to bowls are allowed to practice after their regular seasons end under the NCAA rules.  They are allowed 15 extra practices between the end of the season and the bowl game.  Usually the freshmen and sophomores who are expected to contribute next season get reps with/against the first team during the first week.  After which they have regular game-preparation practices.  So, without a bowl there would not be additional practice time.

• Content Count:  10,219

Turning down bowl bids would appear to be taking the moral high ground, however

it does afford us a bit more practice and it is one more game. No need to forfeit that

opportunity, though I do understand the level of disappointment in not going to a

BCS bowl this year. 

WOW...

Archived