• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question For Bulls Fans

Guest CardinalExpress

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

I agree mutt!  I don't have a problem of pointing out some of the things that need to be fixed and being critical but the 'we suck' and 'we will suck even next year' and 'bad players are bad players who cares if they are young' comments are so out of whack.  Teams do turn it around.  Look at who we play tonight.  We beat them last year and now they are favored by a bunch.  I guess after last year's loss they should have dispanded the program and not looked forward to improving into this year.  We are young in many positions and hopefully they come together in time like this UL team.  As for the older groups such as the OL and DL I have been impressed with the OL.  Army is an example of how well they can play and you can't blame them for any of the downfalls last Saturday.  As for the DL I did expect more this year and hopefully through recruiting we continue to build.  I must admit during the game I was unaware that LRS left the game with an injury which may have hurt us.  Good luck Bulls tonight!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

It kills me how everyone blames our poor play on being young.  That's hogwash.  Bad players are bad players and we SHOULD NOT wait until they've played 3 horrible seasons to realize it.

Inexperienced players can be bad players.  Usuallly experienced players are better players.  Depending on thier God given talents depends if they are great players.  USF has inexperienced players with a few of them lacking talent.  The QB position is lacking and the stats reveal this the past two yrs.  IMO the secondary is inexperienced and and misses Johnny Jones size.  They will get better.  MLB the same.  DL is missing Tim Jones.  (It appears the D is Jones..ing.)  Anyway, to say/write that is to say I don't believe you, BB, really understand the college game completely.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Inexperienced players can be bad players.  Usuallly experienced players are better players.  Depending on thier God given talents depends if they are great players.  USF has inexperienced players with a few of them lacking talent.  The QB position is lacking and the stats reveal this the past two yrs.  IMO the secondary is inexperienced and and misses Johnny Jones size.  They will get better.  MLB the same.  DL is missing Tim Jones.  (It appears the D is Jones..ing.)  Anyway, to say/write that is to say I don't believe you, BB, really understand the college game completely.  

Yeah you're right PJ is the next coming of Eli Manning.  He just sucks because he's a Sophomore.  He's going to leave after his junior season because NFL teams will be foaming at the mouth.  PJ is just one example of a young player who does not have the talent to compete at this level.   Not a knock on him.  He'd be a good Div 1AA QB.

I do understand "the college game".  I'm not Kirk Herbstreet but I'm not a frigging idiot.  I can see when athletes are being outclassed and several of our starting football players are in way over their head.  I don't care how old they are.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I agree mutt!  I don't have a problem of pointing out some of the things that need to be fixed and being critical but the 'we suck' and 'we will suck even next year' and 'bad players are bad players who cares if they are young' comments are so out of whack.  Teams do turn it around.  Look at who we play tonight.  We beat them last year and now they are favored by a bunch.  I guess after last year's loss they should have dispanded the program and not looked forward to improving into this year.  We are young in many positions and hopefully they come together in time like this UL team.  As for the older groups such as the OL and DL I have been impressed with the OL.  Army is an example of how well they can play and you can't blame them for any of the downfalls last Saturday.  As for the DL I did expect more this year and hopefully through recruiting we continue to build.  I must admit during the game I was unaware that LRS left the game with an injury which may have hurt us.  Good luck Bulls tonight!

So we can't call out a bad player when we see one?  I can't call out a DB who consistently gets burned?  I can't call out a QB who consistently misses wide open receivers or throws int's?  If you don't think that's going to happen here you're on the wrong board.  What I said in my previous post still stands.  If a player sucks he sucks.  

You're using youth as a cop out.  Stop trying to make excuses for us having a poor season.   There are a lot of young teams who can compete.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243

Simple:

Last year we set an NCAA record with 3 double OT wins (including Louisville)

This year we can't hold a three-score lead against a 1-win team

Guess tonight will be our first loss ever to a New Big East Team after five consecutive wins ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

I forget we are 5-0 against the NBE.  I will now enjoy that thought until about 9pm.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128

Beastie, I agree the QB position is not good but to categorize the team as they just suck and the future sucks is just an idiotic statement.  Hopefully through recruiting we get the right guy in for the QB spot that can run this offense.  I agree that if a certain player has problems that it is a valid discussion but go take a look at your last 100 posts of doomsday.  It gets real old.  There are a lot of young teams that can compete and we are one of them.  Unfortunately competing does not always equal wins.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

our talent level is poor

execution is poor

we have no qb

no discipline

the schemes on offense and defense don't work

the coaches fail to make adjustments

no fundamentals

age and experience have little to do with our failures