• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grand Student Union At USF Comes With Lofty Utility Bill

Sunil

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I think an important factor is missing from the original article. How much money was budgeted monthly for these expenses? If they expected it to cost this much...then the point of the article is that they should have made attempts to bring the cost down. If it was unexpected, then it was indeed a major oversight.

The writer simply  makes it sound like the university was incompetent and caught off guard...

Universities are famous for this type of thing. At A&M they would get state money for a building and take it (why not) then they would try to figure out how to pay for maintenance, electric, etc. The people doing the numbers are not responsible for maintenance as that will come out of a different fund than the building.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

oh my-- a much larger facility requires more money to operate-- wow-- that is amazing stuff right there

duh factor +10

the fact that so many students are using it should be an indicator that this was an excellent move by the school as it is clearly providing students with a much needed resource.

• Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

I say that USF should work out some kind of deal with the Beef's on campus that will allow alcohol sales 24/7. Use some of that money from alcohol sales to go to the utility bill.  Not sure if Beefs would go for that, but it is better than not having alcohol sales at all during the banned hours.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

I can't wait to see the new Marshall when we are down for the holidays.  I will empty the checkbook at the bookstore as usual.  ;D

Normal

• Content Count:  937

Same thing with individuals they get this loan from the bank and they try to buy the biggest house and totally forget about electricity, and taxes

• Content Count:  53

We live in the sunshine state how bout some solar energy, have thee enginering students build it......

• Content Count:  637

The new Marshall Center looks like an airport terminal.

My first time in the building I remarked about that, lmao. I would've felt less dumb pointing it out to others if I knew others felt the same!

Still much nicer than the old one though.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

If only we could figure out a way to harness the energy of dropped passes by our WR's we would be fine.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,985

The new Marshall Center looks like an airport terminal. Strange floorplan, floors floors that look like they came from Publix, cheesy green and brown retro color combination. The architect/design firm should have been fired based upon the plans.

What are you Smazza's brother or something? 

Archived