• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St Pete Bowl Maybe Not...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Will CUSA get enough teams to 6-6 to even put someone in this game?

CUSA East

Conference   Overall

Team W L    W L 

East Carolina 3 1     5 3   

Marshall 3 1     4 4   

Memphis 2 3     4 5   

UCF 1 3     2 6   ( I thought UCF wins their conference and that's why they don't play well OOC. CUSA is the only thing they prep for  :D

Southern Miss 1 4     3 6   

UAB 1 4     2 7   

CUSA West

Conference   Overall

Team W L   W L 

Tulsa 5 0     8 1   

Rice 5 1     6 3   

Houston 3 1     4 4   

UTEP 3 2     3 5   

Tulane 1 3     2 6   

SMU 0 5     1 8

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Its too early to tell which CUSA turd will eventually float up to the 6-6 mark... however I think if it comes down to a 5-7 UCiF against any other 6-6 CUSA team then the St. Pete Bowl will pick UCiF...

Now I doubt they will be able to reach 5-7 its too much of a stretch given their implosion this season.

If I was a gambler I'd put my money on the following teams facing us in the Orange Juice Bowl:

1.) ECU

2.) Marshall

3.) Memphis

4.) UCiF

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Its too early to tell which CUSA turd will eventually float up to the 6-6 mark... however I think if it comes down to a 5-7 UCiF against any other 6-6 CUSA team then the St. Pete Bowl will pick UCiF...

Now I doubt they will be able to reach 5-7 its too much of a stretch given their implosion this season.

If I was a gambler I'd put my money on the following teams facing us in the Orange Juice Bowl:

1.) ECU

2.) Marshall

3.) Memphis

4.) UCiF

If UCF loses one more game, they are not bowl eligible.

You must have 6 wins to be eligible and even be considered.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

1.) ECU

2.) Marshall

3.) Memphis

4.) UCiF

If UCF loses one more game, they are not bowl eligible.

You must have 6 wins to be eligible and even be considered.

Correct, and if there are no bowl eligible teams remaining from the contracted conference, the bowl must select another bowl eligible team from another conference.

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

St. Pete would be a no brainer.   I go to all the home games, so why wouldn't I go to a bowl that is so close.   I might even book a room.   This bowl would be like a second homecoming.   Sure I want the best for the Bulls, but another game is another game.   It is a long wait for September to roll back around and I would guess we could beat the CUSA or Sunbelt team we would face.   Good times!   :popcorn

good call.

just another home game.

I am sure FERG's will enjoy the business.

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Lets put it this way if the Bulls options are

Toronto vs a MAC team

Bham vs MAC because SEC might not have a team

or St Pete vs CUSA

then St Pete is a no brainer, I wouldnt be thrilled about Bham again and the only excitement might be if we matched up vs an SEC team but if that happened youll be match up vs a 6-6 Miss St

Archived