• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you think the ratio will be for the St. Pete Bowl???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Take away the allotment for the visiting team, I expect the rest to be Bulls fans. 

It'll be our 7th home game. 

What would the ratio be?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,656
  • Days Won:  29

With capacity of only 44K ... we should be over 75%.

If(and it seems to be for sure) we go here, this should be a Sell Out. If not, we're as bad as our OC  :P

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

I'm unsure of how many people would go as USF fans.

My guess is most of the people that will make it to the remaining home games are the local "die hards" and will also make it to the Trop since it's not a big travel issue.

I'm wondering how many students will go since there won't be 12,501 free student tickets to the game. Still, without the students we've been getting ~40k in the stadium. I expect the numbers will drop below 50k total capacity for the remaining home games.

As a student I know I'll go to the St. Pete bowl, but probably won't bother to travel to any other.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

If we do drop below 50k, that will pretty much verify the bandwagon perception of this town and school.

• Content Count:  2,661

If we do drop below 50k, that will pretty much verify the bandwagon perception of this town and school.

Yeah, but "bandwagon" is a little harsh. We're a very young school with a very young football program and fluctuations are to be expected. Sheesh, did you think we'd have Florida's fan base by now? Miami doesn't, and they have four national titles.

• Content Count:  26

I am a season ticket holder (for the past 7 years) and I would not go to watch USF in the St. Pete Bowl if someone gave me free tickets. What a joke of a bowl game. It is just another excuse to get money from sponsors. When I want to watch USF play a crappy team, I just go to the opening home game of the season.

Have fun at The Trop watching USF battle the mighty Houston Cougars or Memphis Tigers (if you are lucky). I'll be home Christmas shopping. That's right....just a reminder of what a piece of crap bowl it is...it is BEFORE Christmas.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah, but "bandwagon" is a little harsh. We're a very young school with a very young football program and fluctuations are to be expected. Sheesh, did you think we'd have Florida's fan base by now? Miami doesn't, and they have four national titles.

I have no expectations of a Florida type fan base and I don't think bandwagon is harsh. It's the definition of the fluctuations you mention. It is what it is. The entire Big East is perceived that way. In this day and age, perception is reality, and that is the way we are perceived. Just delivering the message. The crew will be attending in full force the remainder of the season.

Archived