• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ghost hunting shows on TV

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

I don't believe in ghosts and that sort of stuff.

But I've been addicted to the three or four ghost hunting shows on cable. It seems legit but I always doubt them. It's entertaining TV.

Does anybody watch the stuff? --Think they are legit or faking it for ratings?

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

You don't believe in ghosts, yet, you are asking if the ghost hunting show is fake or not?

• Content Count:  19,229

I don't believe in ghosts either, but i do watch the shows because people the concept is still fascinating, and jsut because i don't believe in them doesn't neccessarily mean they are not real.

I like the Ghost hunters show b/c they TRY to be skeptics first, but they are not true skeptics as they still tend to say things are paranormal very quickly.  I belive the filming is legit... but their explanations leave room for interpretation.

But at least they don't rely on psychics... which is complete BS.

Only one episode did i see anything on film that just blew my mind... and that was the st. augustine light house episode.  I'm still stumped on what I saw and have no rational explanation.  If it wasn't fixed... then it seemed to be true paranormal activity caught on tape... but who knows.

The paranormal state show is pretty dumb.  I've seen it about 4 times and not once did i really think they had any real evidence.

Guest BasketBull.

Well said, Velcro.

I never shut the door on any subject; I like to think that I have an open mind.

Up to now, there's been nothing that confirms for me the existence of ghosts, etc. But these shows are interesting. You can catch them on the cable web sites, such as the Sci-fi Channel and the Travel Channel.

For me, I've been to the catacombs in Paris. After you do that, nothing really shakes you anymore in terms of things relating to being dead, etc. I could sleep pretty well at a graveyard all night...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't believe in ghosts either, but i do watch the shows because people the concept is still fascinating, and jsut because i don't believe in them doesn't neccessarily mean they are not real.

I like the Ghost hunters show b/c they TRY to be skeptics first, but they are not true skeptics as they still tend to say things are paranormal very quickly.  I belive the filming is legit... but their explanations leave room for interpretation.

Only one episode did i see anything on film that just blew my mind... and that was the st. augustine light house episode.  I'm still stumped on what I saw and have no rational explanation.  If it wasn't fixed... then it seemed to be true paranormal activity caught on tape... but who knows.

The paranormal state show is pretty dumb.  I've seen it about 4 times and not once did i really think they had any real evidence.

Ghost Hunters has a spot on my DVR.  The first St. Augustine Light house blew my mind as well. 

Edit: Anyone watching the live special on Halloween ?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I saw that show Ghostbusters on TV and they looked real to me.

Ghost Hunters has a spot on my DVR.  The first St. Augustine Light house blew my mind as well. 

They doing another live one this year?  where from?  last year it was from Louisville in an insane asylum.  Not much happened, although it was a creepy building, with that Tunnel of death and all.

They doing another live one this year?  where from?  last year it was from Louisville in an insane asylum.  Not much happened, although it was a creepy building, with that Tunnel of death and all.

Ft. Delaware which was visited this season.   Starts @ 7pm Friday and runs till the wee hours of the morning. 

Heres a description of the location: http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/live/

Sweet, thanks.  DVR getting set, in case I am not home in time to watch.

(side note... other shows on my dvr regularly... MythBusters, Destroyed in Seconds, Survivorman )

Sweet, thanks.  DVR getting set, in case I am not home in time to watch.

(side note... other shows on my dvr regularly... MythBusters, Destroyed in Seconds, Survivorman )

All but destroyed in seconds are on mine too. Great minds think alike. 

Archived