• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Selvie, Mompremier on the way back for Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigeast/0-1-304/Selvie--Mompremier-on-the-way-back-for-Bulls.html

Selvie, Mompremier on the way back for Bulls

October 13, 2008 11:19 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett

South Florida defensive end George Selvie and linebacker Brouce Mompremier both practiced with the first-team defense on Monday night and could play Saturday against Syracuse, Brett McMurphy reports in the Tampa Tribune.

Selvie hurt his ankle in the Florida International game and was severely limited in the loss to Pittsburgh, while Mompremier suffered a neck injury at FIU and has not played or practiced since. Mompremier wore pads for the first time since the injury but did not participate in contact work.

Selvie looks likely to start, while Mompremier's status remains up in the air.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

Stating the obvious, getting Selvie back would be huge and Mompremier would be a real bonus both on the field and emotionally for the D.

• Content Count:  1,757

Brett said at yesterdays practice, Selvie was in with the first team, but had a very noticeable limp

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

If neither of them are 100% ready to go, sit them. Its syracuse. Give them another week of rest and have them 100 % ready  for Louisville.

• Content Count:  2,478

If neither of them are 100% ready to go, sit them. Its syracuse. Give them another week of rest and have them 100 % ready  for Louisville.

I agree. We are strong enough to handle them without Selvie. It would be great to put him in a warm up game. But why would we risk them getting delayed even further.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

If he is still limping, playing him against Pitt was a huge mistake.  Now instead of having a month to rest with the bye week, he is still dinged up.  He was not close to 100% v Pitt.  Now he may limp through Syracuse and not be 100% ready for Louisville and Cinci.  If there is any good news in all this, we will probably have him for his senior year.

• Content Count:  1,757

I agree. We are strong enough to handle them without Selvie. It would be great to put him in a warm up game. But why would we risk them getting delayed even further.

Guess you guys didnt watch the Pitt or FIU games. We cant take any of these games for granted.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Guess you guys didnt watch the Pitt or FIU games. We cant take any of these games for granted.

Yes, but we need them 100% for the UL and Cincy games ,expecially since its a short week between the games. We are deep enough to get by Cuse without them. Another week of rest will be perfect for them. Dont risk anything over this weekend.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It would seem to me that we need everyone to play.  We were deep enough to beat Pitt without them too- yeah,  right

Archived