• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bianchi writes something I agree with!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

All Bianchi ever does is complain about other people.

Yup. Just today's installment of "How I can irritate the most sports fans today, because that's the only way I can get anyone to pay attention to me." This time Monday, depending on how the LSU-Florida game turns out, he'll be either worshipping the Gators again or bashing them as a dynasty on the decline.

And whatever he writes, it'll have a bunch of one-sentence paragraphs at the end.

Like this one.

And this one.

As if Mike Bianchi's analysis is so deep that each line stands on its own, resonating with truth for the ages.

And he'll end his column with a question.

He always ends his column with a question.

Because it's much better than actually taking a position on anything.

Unless it's painfully obvious, like "The Magic were right to take Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor."

You know, because the sports world needs that level of insight.

Don't you agree?

Mike is that you??

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

this article is stupid.

the Gator fans clearly have high expectations for their team, and rightly so:

the past 2 years they've won a BCS championship and a Heisman trophy.

they are a team that expects to compete for a BCS championship every season.

the Bulls, on the other hand, have a significant portion of their fan base that finds any win acceptable--- even 8 point wins against FIU and OT wins against UCiF.  many Bulls fans refuse to critically analyse how sluggish wins for the team can foreshadow potential roadbumps in the future.

how many of the so-called "levelheaded" fans on this forum were rejoicing in the 4-0 start after FIU, proclaiming that as long as we won the game that's all that matters?  two weeks later the issues that surfaced in the FIU game cost us a loss vs. Pitt. when weaknesses are exposed by bad teams, they will be exploited by good teams. 

we can skate by FIU with mistakes... Pitt, not so much.

but i digress... i hate the Gayturds with a passion, but they have a right to high expectations. after coming out of a loss at home to Ole Miss. the 'Turd nation wanted to see a spark in their team and a signal that they had improved upon their weaknesses [as windbane pointed out: their lack of running game and inconsistent defense].

if they didn't see that from their team in the Arkansas game, then they have a right to voice those concerns and their disappointment--- ESPECIALLY with the biggest game of their season and a shot at a BCS bid on the line vs. LSU this week.

to tie it back into the Bulls:  despite our 5-0 start, weaknesses in our team were exposed in each of the first 5 weeks [minus UTM]... UCiF exposed our poor clock management and inability to close out games effectively, Kansas raped us with shovel passes and exposed our inability to close out games effectively, FIU exposed our lack of power running and goaline game and inability to close out games effectively, NCState exposed the gaping holes in our secondary and deep pass coverage...

some Bulls fans were content with the 5-0 start. a win is a win.

others were practically flailing with their hair on fire about the glaring weaknesses in our team that would certainly lead to a loss against stronger teams...

now here we are, 5-1 after a loss to Pitt in which ALL the weaknesses that were exposed in our wins were exploited by Wannstache and the Panthers:  they killed us with shovel passes, they burnt us deep, and much like UCiF, Kansas and FIU we had a lead with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter and let it slip away--- only this time we didn't hang on.

i don't give the Gayturds credit for anything, but i can't fault them for their expectations.  they expect to contend for a BCS championship every year.

some Bulls fans are content with 9-win seasons and going 4-3 in the Big East every year.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

UF fans are dissapointed with their team, not in a 31 point victory, but with how vanilla their offense has become. They are loaded at every position on offense, and nobody outside of Harvin and Tebow are getting any significant number of touches. They were only up 17-7 about 4 minutes into the 4th quarter.

They look like the Bucs on offense. They dink and dunk down the field. It stinks to watch and it isn't like they are piling up huge numbers. Yeah. they had 500 yards of offense but 200+ came on 3 plays in the last 7 minutes or so of the game.

This should have been the year where they dominated the SEC and played for the national championship.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

All Bianchi ever does is complain about other people.

If UF plays like they did against Arkansas, they will lose.  If they play like they did against Ole Miss, they will lose (obviously).  That's freaking true.  Something missing?  Tebow's production, a running game, consistent defense.

Arkansas is terrible.  The score wasn't the story.

that is his job

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

How many USF fans whined about a 28-13 WIN against Elon last year? How many USF fans whined about a 31-24 WIN against UCF? How many fans whined about a 17-9 WIN against FIU (a game where the score really didn't tell the story)?? USF fans agreeing with the idea that Gator fans are what's wrong with football because they weren't satisfied with how they played against Arkansas is kind of hypocritical IMO. Hell, we had people on here nitpicking after we beat NC State by 31. And guess what? There were indeed things to complain about. That's just how it is, it's not often that a team plays a PERFECT game, and there's almost always things to complain about, even in a 30 point win.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Gators and their fans, but it's mainly because Gator fans are the type that think the world owes them everything, and that anybody who didn't go to UF only didn't because they were too stupid to get into the school. I don't hate them because they are less than satisfied with their performance in a 30 point win over Arkansas (who by the way isn't much better, if at all, than UCF and FIU this season)

Archived