• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look into our remaining games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Alright, I have some free time at work and have some USF stuff on my mind. Not that I am a fan of looking too far ahead into the future, but what else is there to talk about this week?

Syracuse

The good: Um, it's Cuse. It's our homecoming. We are coming off of a bye.

The bad: Cuse has major issues this season in just about area of football.......but I have one fear about this game. Just as hard as it is to go undefeated in conference play, it's almost just as hard to go winless in conference play. Remember, a similar Cuse team surprised Louisville last year, on the road.

Chances of winning: Obviously the best chance of winning this game than any of the rest them. If this game is a squeaker for us, then I officially will be worried for our season. If we lose....well.....

@Louisville

The good: While UL has gotten a little better this year, they still have major holes on both sides of the ball. They have lost to the only decent teams they've played this season, UConn and Kentucky, both at home.  UL's biggest win this season has been KSU, although nobody is really sure how good that team is. UL tends to shoot themselves in the foot, as they've made a lot of mistakes that has killed many good offensive drives this season.

The bad: UL has gotten better in recent weeks, led by a stud RB. I believe Hunter Cantwell (starting QB) has been a bit banged up as of late, but he should be ready to go against us. This game will be tough because I believe we have never won in Pappa John's Stadium. UL played UConn really tough two weeks ago, and probably should have won the game if it wasn't for some late mistakes.

Chances of winning: History is against us this game, but maybe this will be the kind of game that USF decides to show up for. I say we have good to average chance, depending on how healthy our D-line gets this bye week.

@Cincinnati

The good: Major injuries, especially their QB spot, has set this team back a little bit. Also, the defense was rated as the best in the Big East before the season started, however it has not played up to par yet. Aside from Oklahoma, we haven't seen this team play anyone good.

The bad: Another Thursday night road game. After losing our last two total Thursday night games, there is reason to worry. Also, we have a bad history playing at Cinci. The last time we played here the game wasn't even close. I think Grothe got hurt too, if I remember correctly. After playing a road game only five days prior to this game, which team can we expect?

Chances of winning: I say we have a good chance at winning this game. After blowing it against Pitt, we are do to win a game we probably should lose. Before the season, I was thinking this game was a loss for us. Also, we are due for some Thursday Night redemption. I think this game is close and we *finally* can breathe a sigh of relief.

Rutgers

The good: So far Rutgers has had probably one of the most disappointing seasons in their history. They really look lost without Ray Rice on both sides of the ball. They managed a decent game on the road vs. WVU, but WVU has had their own issues this year. We got these guys in our house, and we are due for a win against them after squeaker losses the past two seasons. Also, it doesn't hurt that we have a bye before playing these guys.

The bad: Rutgers squeaking by use the past two years. Their coach knows how to play us. Despite Rutgers having a down year, they have a very capable QB and very good receivers, and with the way we've been giving up the long pass this season, that's not a good thing. Not to mention they are a bad team...and we all know USF likes to play down to their opponent.

Chances of winning:  Very good. A win vs. Rutgers is due. Despite our so-so secondary this season and the potential threat Teel is to them, the major issue we've had with Rutgers was Ray Rice. He's gone. A lot of USF fans will be at Ray Jay, cheering on a revenge game for us.

Connecticut

The good: We have them in our house (where historically UConn has never played well) and NOT on a Thursday Night :) Looking at this season, UConn has not played well on the road, squeaking by Temple, UL, and getting blown out by North Carolina. They have had some major injuries lately, losing their starting QB, however he may be back for this game. With some QB issues and not much at the WR position, they won't pose much of a passing threat to our secondary (at-least on paper). If this game is being played as the BE title game, expect a focused USF team to come out of that tunnel.

The bad: It's UConn. They may not have a lot of talent, but they are so well coached, they make up for it with very controlled, very disciplined play style. You won't see them commit the same stupid penalties we watched USF commit all night vs. Pitt. USF can't shoot themselves in the foot this game (like we did against UConn last season) or we can expect another Pitt-like game. Last but definitely not least, this season they have a stud RB in Brown, who has Ray Rice all over him. That kind of power back gives always us problems. If they get their running game going, that will spell a lot of trouble for us.

Chances of winning: Good. Especially if UConn comes into our house ranked. We are at playing at home and RJS will be pumped. This will be the senior class's last home game, and the coaches will have this team prepared. The key is, NO STUPID PENALTIES. That's what killed us in our game with them last year, a game we should have won IMO. Let's also hope there's no rain for this game, bad weather may favor UConn more.

West Virginia

The good: So far Bill Stewart has been a big disappointment as new coach of WVU. Bad decisions, bad play calls, there's much confusion on both sides of the ball. Pat White, while still good, has a bad thumb, and those are the kind of nagging ongoing injuries that never go away, causing a player to never be 100 percent until after the season. WVU has no credibility as a powerhouse as the new coaching regime kicks off. The best advantage we have in this game is that we play them AFTER a bye week. So while USF is healing up and preparing for WVU (for two weeks), the 'Neers will be playing on the road against their rivals, Pitt, then having to come back to play us in their house. WVU could be emotionally and physically beat up when they play a rested USF team. Also, we've beaten this team the past two seasons, and this WVU team is not as good as those teams we beat.

The bad:  It's a December game, and though the WVU weather can sometimes be erratic, this is going to be a cold weather game. We are a team built on speed, and cold weather games (especially if there's snow) will slow us down. See UConn/Oregon last year. The Morgantown crowd will be brutal, to us USF fans and players. They want revenge.

Chances of winning: 50/50. Who knows. There's so many factors that can happen since this is our last game of the season, it's just hard to tell at this point. Before the season, this was marked as the BE championship game, but that probably won't be the case. Both teams may not have anything to play for at this point, so it could be a wash. One thing is for sure, we have history on our side, and as I said earlier, this WVU team is not as the previous two teams we've beaten.

These are all just my two cents, of course this doesn't factor in any injuries that we or an opponent may experience between now and our last game (and that would obviously change things). What do you guys think?

• Content Count:  1,477

So you're saying it's still possible to win the big east? I'm not gonna get too upset until we lose our 2nd conference game.

• Content Count:  715

I do think we can still win this conference. Do you honestly think Pitt will finish undefeated in conference play? I can't even see them finishing 5-2 in conference. They are not that consistant (which goes for everyone in this conference). Like what we did our last game, Pitt will likely lose a conference game they should win. I'm confident they will lose another one on top of that....

I just can't see Pitt doing any better than 5-2 in conference play. That still gives us a shot at winning it. I'm not giving up until we are officially out of it. I wish some of you would think the same.....

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I do think we can still win this conference. Do you honestly think Pitt will finish undefeated in conference play? I can't even see them finishing 5-2 in conference. They are not that consistant (which goes for everyone in this conference). Like what we did our last game, Pitt will likely lose a conference game they should win. I'm confident they will lose another one on top of that....

I just can't see Pitt doing any better than 5-2 in conference play. That still gives us a shot at winning it. I'm not giving up until we are officially out of it. I wish some of you would think the same.....

I can't see Pitt doing any worse than 5-2 in conference play.

They get WVU, UL, and Rutgers at home.  The most I can possibly see is 1 loss there.

They play Cincinnati and UConn on the road.  I also bet they'll go 50:50 in those games.

I think we should still be worried about Pitt the rest of the way.  We could go 11-1 and play in the Car Care Bowl...

• Content Count:  1,457

Cuse - W

L'vill - W

Cincy - L

RU - W

UConn - W

WVA - Toss up

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Pitt has WVU at home but WVU will have an attitude for that game, remember last year Pitt took away WVU's chances for the National Championship game and then WVU blew Oklahoma out.

• Content Count:  260

Pitt has WVU at home but WVU will have an attitude for that game, remember last year Pitt took away WVU's chances for the National Championship game and then WVU blew Oklahoma out.

you're forgetting pitt's secret weapon... bill stewart.  i dont think we will win in pittsburgh, and quite frankly expect it to not be close (hope i am wrong though), stewie will find a way to choke - his coaching style seems to be like special olympics - he's so gosh darn dang proud of all these daggumit guys, they all deserve a trophy just for trying.

Archived