• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bubba gave us some love.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

forgot to say this yesterday, but Bubba gave usf some love on his show monday morning.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

BTLS marking out to the Bulls and putting us over--that's great.

Brent Hatley's brother was one of the original Bulls and started at Defensive End

Didn't know this about Brent.  I knew Brent was a flaming gator, but I didn't know his brother was a Bull!

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I listen to his show in the afternoons on Sirius, and he's always slobbing all over UF. I understand that the afternoon show is intended for the national Sirius audience, but he never throws a mention of USF when they're discussing college football. Brent, Bubba and Spice are infatuated with the Gators.

I'll take a USF plug where I can get it, but I have a feeling these guys wouldn't give a rats ass about USF. Just my opinion.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I listen to his show in the afternoons on Sirius, and he's always slobbing all over UF. I understand that the afternoon show is intended for the national Sirius audience, but he never throws a mention of USF when they're discussing college football. Brent, Bubba and Spice are infatuated with the Gators.

I'll take a USF plug where I can get it, but I have a feeling these guys wouldn't give a rats ass about USF. Just my opinion.

I listen in the mornings, refuse to pay for radio, but can tell you that Bubba likes USF but is a flaming Hoosiers fan... He lets Brent ramble on about the Gators because the Hoosiers stink at football, and USF hasn't beat them yet. If we can beat the Gators I'm sure Bubba and co will bust Brent down to the carpet - solid.

• Content Count:  254

BTLS marking out to the Bulls and putting us over--that's great.

Brent Hatley's brother was one of the original Bulls and started at Defensive End

Didn't know this about Brent.  I knew Brent was a flaming gator, but I didn't know his brother was a Bull!

His brother is Steve Hatley who was the bookend Defensive End with Shawn Hay for the first 4 seasons(1997-2000). 

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

On a related note, Travis from 103.5 (US Country) is a UF fan, but his counterpart is Jenny and she is a USF fan.

She mentioned USF being top 10 on Monday, and the gators being out of the top 10. 

He made a comment to the effect of "well, I don't think they are better than the gators, we'll see how the season goes" or something to that effect.

I emailed him and we have had some dialog back and forth sense then.  He said it was more of an on air rivalry with Jenny to have fun with UF vs USF, rather than as a slam to USF.  Anyway, he apologized and said if he will be the first to retract his statements at the end of the season if we keep on winning.

I also used it as a chance to educate him on USF football (some stats, history, etc..).  I've been friendly about is as we can use all of the friends in the media we can get for USF...  Would like to win him over and hopefully gain a new fan.  I told him he should go to the Pitt game on Thursday to see what the buzz is all about...

• Content Count:  2,118

Bubba mentioned that he loves what Leavitt has done to the program. Also, don't we play Indiana soon?

Archived