• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bubba gave us some love.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I listen to his show in the afternoons on Sirius, and he's always slobbing all over UF. I understand that the afternoon show is intended for the national Sirius audience, but he never throws a mention of USF when they're discussing college football. Brent, Bubba and Spice are infatuated with the Gators.

I'll take a USF plug where I can get it, but I have a feeling these guys wouldn't give a rats ass about USF. Just my opinion.

That's not true....

As you should know, Bubba is a casual sports fan. When USF was climbing the polls last year, he was slobbering all over us. When we fell of the map, so did his interest. *shrug*

The reason he is always talking about UF is because of Brent. And who does Bubba get his sports information from?........................Brent!

• Content Count:  143

Also, don't we play Indiana soon?

Yup! at Indiana in 2009

GO BULLS!  :gobulls

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

As you should know, Bubba is a casual sports fan.  And who does Bubba get his sports information from?........................Brent!

Well, then you've just proven my point about the namesake of the show. He's a sports lemming because he chooses to get all his sports information from the UF alum, if Bubba actually cared enough to research USF, he would. Fact of the matter is, he bases his sports knowledge from another person, and that's good enough for him. I'm not slamming him, I just think that none of them really care enough about USF and just cheer us on as a novelty in their local market.

Before I got satellite, I remember Fisher and Boy from 97X actually interviewing USF coaches and fans on the regular. Not sure if they're still doing that, or even if Bubba has interviewed folks from the staff or USF fans. Like I said in my post, I'm all for free publicity, so when the BTLS crew talks USF in the mornings that's great. I hope they begin to do that for their afternoon show as well.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the usf band waggon is about to expand

• Content Count:  2,726

As you should know, Bubba is a casual sports fan.  And who does Bubba get his sports information from?........................Brent!

Well, then you've just proven my point about the namesake of the show. He's a sports lemming because he chooses to get all his sports information from the UF alum, if Bubba actually cared enough to research USF, he would. Fact of the matter is, he bases his sports knowledge from another person, and that's good enough for him. I'm not slamming him, I just think that none of them really care enough about USF and just cheer us on as a novelty in their local market.

Before I got satellite, I remember Fisher and Boy from 97X actually interviewing USF coaches and fans on the regular. Not sure if they're still doing that, or even if Bubba has interviewed folks from the staff or USF fans. Like I said in my post, I'm all for free publicity, so when the BTLS crew talks USF in the mornings that's great. I hope they begin to do that for their afternoon show as well.

Personally...I like Cowhead in the afternoons.  This is more because I don't wake up early enough, or am not in my car enough in the mornings(running to gigs/class) to catch much of Bubba.  I do know that ONE MORNING, Bubba had O-Line Coach Mike Simmonds on the show and they DO talk about USF football quite a bit. 

They are radio DJ's, and they realize that A LARGE PART of the Tampa bay market are Bulls Fans.  Therefor, why NOT cover the home team.  Sure they have a gator on there too...so what.

Cowhead also has some good coverage of USF, if I remember correctly, Dinah gives USF updates occasionally.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  3,827

Again, casual sports fan.

Dont hold your breath, but just be happy when/if it happens.

• Content Count:  150

After ready all this I decided to hit up FLZ and my old clear channel family.  I worked for 933FLZ and 98rock (when bubba was still there) from like 98-01.  I have emails out to some jocks and promotions people and gonna see if I can get some buzz at the station going for us.  The promotions director is a good friend of mine but she went to UCF lol.  She is hard to convince lol.

GO BULLS!

Archived