• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any of you old school Bulls remember basketball player Jimmy Smith from the 80's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

The media guide sez:

Smith, Jay . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1989-90

Tampa, FL/Tampa Bay Vo-Tech

1989-90 (20-11)

[table][tr][td]Player[/td][td]G/GS[/td][td]MIN[/td][td]FG[/td][td]FGA[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]3FG[/td][td]3FGA[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]FT[/td][td]FTA[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]REB[/td][td]AVG[/td][td]PF-D[/td][td]AST[/td][td]TO[/td][td]BLK[/td][td]STL[/td][td]TP[/td][td]AVG[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Smith[/td][td]16/0[/td][td]64[/td][td]10[/td][td]22[/td][td].455[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td].000[/td][td]8[/td][td]13[/td][td].615[/td][td]25[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]7-0[/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]28[/td][td]1.9[/td][/tr][/table]

I don't know if he played in the NCAA Tournament game against Arizona -- I couldn't find the boxscore anywhere online. That would be a good question to ask.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Terry,

Jay Smith had the most ups on the team and dunked better than anyone I have seen in a Bulls jersey, ever!!!

He was sick!

Too bad he wasn't as good of a baller as he was a dunker because he rarely made it on the court.

Archived