• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Burnham fires back at NC State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Heh, cheap shot.  They lost to Maryland in a bowl play-in game to end the season...37-0.  Maryland goes on to lose the bowl game to Oregon State, NC State sits at 5-7.  That's gotta hurt.

Get em Wally.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  39

Nc state must still be high off their win over ECU. they need to get off their high horse and realize they have no qb , their lb that  are good are  hurt. Not to mention they have no offense other than running the ball and throwing 5 yard slants.    I cant wait till burnham gets our D  fired up like he did against Wvu last year, and we destroy their so called spread.

• Content Count:  3,403

Nc state must still be high off their win over ECU. they need to get off their high horse and realize they have no qb , their lb that  are good are  hurt. Not to mention they have no offense other than running the ball and throwing 5 yard slants.    I cant wait till burnham gets our D  fired up like he did against Wvu last year, and we destroy their so called spread.

The funny part is that the NC State quote was before the ECU game.

• Content Count:  2,478

Hahaha. That owns.

Wally Burnham is a freaking cool guy. I'm so glad that our defense got a hold of this. They are going to lay a hurting on on NC State this weekend.

I hope that we only run 4 and 5 wide sets and spread the field every down to give a training session on how to run it offensively and how not to defend it.

• Content Count:  3,103

Pow-zooom!

Reminds me of when FIU students were giving me crap coming out of their stadium. They started to get nasty so I said... "0 - 3."

That got them reeaaaaaaaaaaaaly mad.

I could be wrong, but I thought we are only 2-0 vs. FIU, I don't think we have played 3 games against them

• Content Count:  622

Pow-zooom!

Reminds me of when FIU students were giving me crap coming out of their stadium. They started to get nasty so I said... "0 - 3."

That got them reeaaaaaaaaaaaaly mad.

I could be wrong, but I thought we are only 2-0 vs. FIU, I don't think we have played 3 games against them

I think what he meant was that FIU is 0-3 this year

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Dude!  Shhhhhhhhhh!

Let them keep thinking about the ECU game.  We want to catch them on an emotional downer, no need to get them fired up.

• Content Count:  136

Gregs Blog:

Burnham fires back at N.C. State

Burnham USF's defense took a shot from N.C. State coach Tom O'Brien last week when he told reporters he saw no reason to consult with the Bulls about stopping the spread offense, as Ohio State and Colorado coaches did in the offseason after USF beat West Virginia for the second year in a row.

"Did you watch them against Oregon?" O'Brien asked, referencing the Ducks' 56-21 trouncing of the Bulls in the Sun Bowl in El Paso. "Go look at that game. That was the spread that they were defending. I'm not saying anything about South Florida's defense, but if they're the gurus, we'd better go somewhere else."

USF defensive coordinator Wally Burnham, asked about the quote Tuesday afternoon, laughed for a moment and said he agreed with O'Brien's statement, though he questioned the need for it.

"Here's the way I feel about it: He's right. We're not gurus," Burnham said. "On the other hand, we try to handle things professionally and not say anything ... with class, not say anything about anyone else's coaching staff. He can say what he wants to. The other thing, I forget what bowl game they were in. That's all I've got to say."

N.C. State, of course, lost its last two games last season to finish 5-7.

That's kind of hypocritical... I love it, but it just is.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Gregs Blog:

Burnham fires back at N.C. State

Burnham USF's defense took a shot from N.C. State coach Tom O'Brien last week when he told reporters he saw no reason to consult with the Bulls about stopping the spread offense, as Ohio State and Colorado coaches did in the offseason after USF beat West Virginia for the second year in a row.

"Did you watch them against Oregon?" O'Brien asked, referencing the Ducks' 56-21 trouncing of the Bulls in the Sun Bowl in El Paso. "Go look at that game. That was the spread that they were defending. I'm not saying anything about South Florida's defense, but if they're the gurus, we'd better go somewhere else."

USF defensive coordinator Wally Burnham, asked about the quote Tuesday afternoon, laughed for a moment and said he agreed with O'Brien's statement, though he questioned the need for it.

"Here's the way I feel about it: He's right. We're not gurus," Burnham said. "On the other hand, we try to handle things professionally and not say anything ... with class, not say anything about anyone else's coaching staff. He can say what he wants to. The other thing, I forget what bowl game they were in. That's all I've got to say."

N.C. State, of course, lost its last two games last season to finish 5-7.

That's kind of hypocritical... I love it, but it just is.

hey, you, shhh.

never question teh Wally!

Archived